System build for my sons 02 Chevy Silverado

Username: Helpdad

Visalia, Ca. USA

Post Number: 2
Gentleman, I am wanting to put a system in my son's truck. I have gotten a few quotes from local shops. I want good quality components and subs that are more SQ than sloppy and loud. I was looking at the JVC KD-AVX2 as a head unit.

I have gotten a few quotes in town between $2500.00 and $3500.00 total. Sounds a bit high for the components they were quoting.

One system proposed was 4 JL 10w1's with zapco amps. I think he said a multi amp to drive everything. this would also include Memphis Audio component speakers. A pre amp but, no capacitor.

This particular company has been named a top 100 installer, but I can't recall by who....Which probably doesn't mean too much.

anyway, my dilemma. I don't want to go totally over the top, but at the same time the $2500.00 to $3500.00 doen't bother me. if I am getting a pretty decent system.

i thought about maybe piecing one together and having i installed, but don't know if that is a good way to go or not.

What i would like is some opinions on a system that would work for this application, and get the most bang for the buck.

I want a nice solid system that is plenty loud and his friends will be amazed at, but I want it to sound good too. I don't know if this is possible or not...

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 162
Kevin, I'm not going to comment on the sub setup being that multi-sub systems are not my thing, but I will say that if you're looking to spend that kind of money on it, I would look elsewhere for your head unit. While the small DVD player is an interesting feature, and the ability to burn MP3s on to DVDs would be useful, JVC has a poor track record in car audio and the rest of the features of the deck don't make it a stand out in that price range. For the price of the JVC you can find a much better deck with higher preamp voltage, a better EQ, much more adjustability and far greater longevity. The JVC decks look great, but they tend to be really lacking in build quality.

If a DVD screen is a must have I would look into some of the foldout options from Alpine, Pioneer or Clarion. They will cost you more but the improvement in sound, espeically if you're looking to put together an SQ system, could be fairly dramatic and they'll almost certainly last you longer.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8307
well from ur post i concur 4 10s will fit in his truck so 4 10 assassins

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/

4 assassins ($280),power them with 1 phoenix gold xenon 1200 amp (around $500)

i'm think maybe a pair of 6.5 components will fit in his 2 front doors so
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3945
^^^($300)

^^ powered by http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=244
($330)

& remaining $ is for ur HU ......

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 379
defintely look into rovins setup... that entire setup is fantastic equipment ...

the only thing i say is a pg xenon 1200 .. is very hard to come by unless u can find it on ebay or from a PG authorized dealer ...

look into the kicker kx1200.1... kicker sx 1250.1 ... orion 1200d ... all of those are fantastic amplifiers including the PG...

thata boy rovin ... i love those ID comps ... they sound amazing

Username: Helpdad

Visalia, Ca. USA

Post Number: 3
Thank you for the comment. I have no real experience in all this. My son like the deck. I was looking at one of the Elite line from Pioneer myself. That is a good thing to know though, I certainly don't want to spend this much to have to replace it any time soon. The Clarion units intrigue me, but I have even less knowledge of that brand.

Thanks for the help Derek. Maybe I am asking a bit much from the posters, but any help you guys
can lend would be great. I have one a little bit of research but don't want to make a mistake with hat type of money.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8308
thanks mike ! ^^^

its very true that those PG xenons r getting hard 2 come by cause PG is about 2 make new models of products but u can still find 1 around - hopefully they http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=27&m fg_account_ID=57&sort=high&=Update+Selection are still in stock here .

ID comps - those were my 1st choice when i was about 2 do my setup
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

but budget was kinda tight @ the time & i wanted 2 pairs so the Infinity worked out cheaper 4 me ....

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1033
post pics when it's done
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us