System build for my sons 02 Chevy Silverado

Username: Helpdad

Visalia, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1
Gentleman, I am wanting to put a system in my son's truck. I have gotten a few quotes from local shops. I want good quality components and subs that are more SQ than sloppy and loud. I was looking at the JVC KD-AVX2 as a head unit.

I have gotten a few quotes in town between $2500.00 and $3500.00 total. Sounds a bit high for the components they were quoting.

One system proposed was 4 JL 10w1's with zapco amps. I think he said a multi amp to drive everything. this would also include Memphis Audio component speakers. A pre amp but, no capacitor.

This particular company has been named a top 100 installer, but I can't recall by who....Which probably doesn't mean too much.

anyway, my dilemma. I don't want to go totally over the top, but at the same time the $2500.00 to $3500.00 doen't bother me. if I am getting a pretty decent system.

i thought about maybe piecing one together and having i installed, but don't know if that is a good way to go or not.

What i would like is some opinions on a system that would work for this application, and get the most bang for the buck.

I want a nice solid system that is plenty loud and his friends will be amazed at, but I want it to sound good too. I don't know if this is possible or not...

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Kevin

Username: Helpdad

Visalia, Ca. USA

Post Number: 4
please delete, duplicate thread.

Sorry,

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us