Amp help!!!!!!!

Username: Josh1234

Post Number: 1
can someone plaese give me there opinion on the following situation:

i have a mazda 3 and iv kept the origianl head unit.

i have bought:
new jl audio splits in the front and kicker speakers as rears and a sony explode 1200wat (300rms) sub.

as far as amps go i have a cheap boss audio (ba4800) 1200wat max 4 channel bridgible amp off ebay.

and a 2 channel audiobarn a4002t AMP (300rms)

my question is since im keeping the original head unit do i use the cheap and nasty 4 channel boss audio amp to run all the speakers and the audiobarn 2 channel to run the explode sub or do i use the 4 channel to run the rears and sub and the 2 channel to run the front jl splits?

and spending more money to get a new desent 4 channel amp is not an option! :-( i realy wish it was!!!!

any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 704
Try it both ways and see which sounds better. I would put the best amp on the JL, fronts, Probably the audiobarn a4002t out of those two.

Post Number: 2
unfortunetly i cnat try them both because im getting them installed proffessionaly and each time they install its gona cost me $. my only problem is if i use the audiobarn 2 channel for the front splits will the boss audio 4 channel give the sub and the rears enough power? or will they be lacking with too much power from the splits in the front overpowering?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1019
why you didn't ask before buying subs an amps, sony and boss are not very reliable when it comes to car audio

Post Number: 3
i know it was stupid but know im stuck with it so as my question before do you the 4 channel 1200 wat max boss amp will run rear speakers and a sony explode sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us