Whats wrong with my amp

Username: Joeyntabathayahoocom

Post Number: 1
Hi my name is Joe and i have a kicker amp a kx1200.1 class D amp and something is wrong.
I just bought two 12''audiobahns and my amp makes these weird noises where i turn my gain,bass boost(db),and x-over fero(hz)up and it is makeing this amp cut out. I took the top off of it and hooked it up just to make sure that the noise was coming from there and it was.It makes so kind of ticking noise then it cuts out but my green light is still on. Do you have any idea what it could be and is there anyway to fix it?
Thanks Joe

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 241
bad ground maybe.... make sure it is sucure.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1929
joe, you should never be messin with the x-over or gain. they should be set to one freq. and they shouldnt be played with. expecially the gain.

the gain should match the pre-out voltage of your head unit, and that's all. never mess with it, its not a volume knob. FYI

the x-over should be set to LP and should be set around 80-100 whichever sounds best, depending on the freq range of ur speakers etc.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1930
and can u see at all what the clicking noise is or where its coming from when you take off the top?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us