My amp stoped working!!

Bronze Member
Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 79
orion 1200d..it was working..then i got out of school started it up i hit 2 times then beeped and it wont come back on. what happened?!!

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 81
what could i try to get it working again?

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 242
check everything. make sure the remote wire is in, ground is ok. ect...

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 243
if that doesnt work stab it with a knife and say work b*tch! and if that doesnt work i donno what to tell ya.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 82
everything is connected...havign one side of a speaker shouldent effect it should it? it must of broke off. insted of it seeign a 1 ohm it would see 2 and it is stable at eather.

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 248
fix it and see if it works.

Username: Feaiel

Post Number: 5
Does this amp have multiple fuses by any chance? Is the power led on? Might be worth checking if ya haven't already.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 81
Check you fuse box. I had a random fuse in there that blew one day and I lost power to everything! Guess which one it was? The horn fuse...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 992
jaja

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 83
the 3 fuses on the amp were blown..going to replace them..and i am run a 200a inline fuse..and my cap is stillgeting power. if the fuses dont fix it any otherideas..and what is somthing i can use to discharge my cap?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1003
do you have an HO alt zulkir? if not you shouldn't be using a cap

Post Number: 7
I have a 1Fd cap and no HO alt. Doesn't seem to hurt anything. Why would you have to use both out of curiosity?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 84
he dont kno waht he is talkign about..its fine to use a cap all it sose is keep teh voltage stedy..ex

your sub hits its takes 1 volt from your battery and 1 volt from the cap insted of dropen your battery down 2 volts..it makes for a better hit everytime so each hit gets equil volts. your alt dosent have to charge your battery as fast eather.

and no i dont have a ho because i dont nee one for the volume lvl i have it at..adn if i did get a ho i would beable to shatter my dam windows ad i dont want that.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4192
you're kidding about the window shattering right?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 85
no i am not i get it to about 40 and it shakes realy bad and it can still go up higher w/o a ho alt and if i had one it would even still go higher.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2100
'your sub hits its takes 1 volt from your battery and 1 volt from the cap insted of dropen your battery down 2 volts..it makes for a better hit everytime so each hit gets equil volts. your alt dosent have to charge your battery as fast eather."
so i guess heres my question to you how does it take 1 volt fomr the battery and the cap if the cars running because then the battery sint supplying the voltage it is the alternator. So if the alt is supplying the voltage then it has to send the supply to the amp and to the cap so it has to run the amp and charge the cap because cap's arent endless supplies of voltage. so if your alt isnt big enough to run the amp then it isnt big enough to run the amp aswell as charge the cap(so when the cap has to seady the voltage it can)which it can't do if it is consantly trying to discharge

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 86
that was retard terms...all a cap dose is try to hold the voltage stedy for every hit do the voltage dosent dip up and down.

i have a seta degree in electroncs

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 87
great.. well i replaces the fuses and i went to replug in the cap to give it power and the + -ports on teh amp started to smoke..lol

that cant be good.

i am at a lose i cant figure out y it did that or even tosted the fuses to begin with.

anyone have any idea or somthing i can try befor i call the factory?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
i do know what i'm talking about, a cap won't help without an HO, just puts more strain to your alt. www.wickedcases.com

Post Number: 8
I did a bit of reserch into this and I did find that a cap without a HO alt could be a problem, but the cap would have to be on a larger scale than a 1 farad. The idea is that the cap would "overdraw" from the battery/alt and possibly damaging them. Seems that you would really need to be talking something in the relm of 5fd or higher to have any kind of problem like this unless you already have a weak/failing bat/alt.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 88
well i have a new alt and i have a new jell battery

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2102
ya know kidding buddy but you need the power to charge the cap in order for it to discharge to give it power and in whicg case you would need a ho alt i believe you should know this if you have a degree in electronics also if your that great in electronics then why you asking us cause were just idiots okay so heres my next ? how did you wire everything were do u hvae your power wire going your grounds and everything explain please then we might be able to help you

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 706
Whats a seta degree? is it something like what bestbuy gives to thier installers after in house training?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 257
juliob is right a cap is useless if u dont have the power to run it with but u dont necessarily need a HO ALT. Adding an extra battery would have more of an impact then a HO alternator cause when the current exceeds the amperage of the alternator then what it takes from the battery anyways so it just matters if u got a really good extra batteries because i had an extra yellowtop a 20F cap and a 2500watrms amp on a stock alternator and it was maintaining 14V all the time

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
that degree is what u get after u take a highschool voc class..student degree in electronics

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 928
just curious, but does that mean they gave you a degree for taking one high school class? if so i got ripped cause i only got one degree from high school.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2107
then that doesnt mean jack sh!t lol i learnt more in my ee class in college than i did in 3 years of electrical in hs and yes i went to a technical school
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us