What is up with this amp?

Username: Traxxasx

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 5
Ok so i was installing a system into my freinds 94 silverado. Well i go buy the harness for the easy install then snap it on the cars harness. Ok i hook up all the wires and the wires from the decks harness to. Ok alls good and it turns on and playes blah blah. Now the weird part, my freond has a rockfordfosgate 900watt amp. Dont know model. Anyways i went to hook up the b+...thats fine...the remote...thats fine...then the rca jacks, phono plugs. Well as i had the rca jacks and the b+ and the remote hooked up to the amp it was on! I was like whoa wtf! The ground wasent even on grounded. So i went to touch the ground to the frame and the amp turns off. Weird, so i take it off and it turns back on, i check so many things i just dont know whats wrong. Ohh yea the secret power is comming from the rca jacks. When i pull then off the amp it turns off but when i put them back on it turns back on. I never seen an amp turn on without the ground. So please any help is appreciated. This is the first system that has me stumpped.

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 68
what kind of stereo does he have installed? Also, are you sure you haven't accidently grounded the rca cables, maybe put them in a bad place where they were pinched and are grounding out?

Does the amp make sound and work properly with the way it's hooked up?

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 69
what kind of stereo does he have installed? Also, are you sure you haven't accidently grounded the rca cables, maybe put them in a bad place where they were pinched and are grounding out?

Does the amp make sound and work properly with the way it's hooked up?

Username: Traxxasx

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 6
its an pioneer. i dont know model either, i know that everything worked b4 in his old truck. but with this one it doesent. i was thinking maybe the rca cables were grounded out but how would that cause for the amp to turn on? i will check that today.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1927
if its not turning on then check ur remote wire of ur amp to see if its connected to the power atenna of the HU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us