Anyone familiar with the Orion HCCA 225G4? Isaac?

Silver Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 203
Hey Guys,

I just got an Image Dynamics IDQ12 (dual 2-ohms) that I am trying to hook up to the Orion HCCA 225G4 in parallel. I had a stereo shop install the amp, but I didn't have the speaker yet.

Today I put the sub in the car, connected the wires from the amp, but there is very little output. It is hardly audible. Something must be wrong in my hookup. The stereo shop possibly forgot to change the crossover settings and stuff.

The amp has both high-pass filters and some other settings that I am not sure of what they are. I am pretty sure that I have my Alpine CDA-9835 HU set up properly, and I have the HU's sub channel turned on.

Does anyone know the settings on the Orion that I should be using? Any suggestions on things I should try? Can someone tell me where the RCA's should be plugged into the amp?

Thanks!
Bryan

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5578
If the amp you have is G4, then it should come with both low and high pass filter, as well as subsonic.
Do you know the preout voltage of the HU?
If the amp is not producing much sound, then it's most likely the xover switches weren't set correctly. Have a look at them carefully. It will tell you how to set it.
I might have a copy of the manual somewhere that I can email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us