What type of amp should I get?

dc
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" Subwoofers that are 600watts RMS each; right now their temporarily hooked up to an amp (4x100) that I am going to use for my speakers. I wanted to get an amp that will make these subs thump to their full potential and so I can move my other amp to power my speakers. What amp(that is at least 1000 watts total) do you guys recomend? I would prefer something that isnt going to kill my wallet.

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 100
JBL BP1200.1 stable at 1 or 2 ohms
kicker kx1200.1, stable at 1 ohm, more expensive

JBL
Kicker
MTX
JL
Eclipse
Memphis
-all make good amps

dc
Unregistered guest
How much does the JBL cost?

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 103
i think the JBL is $300 on sounddomain.com

might be able to find it cheaper at another online store. but if it comes down to it, spend the extra couple bucks where you can get a warranty.

dc
Unregistered guest
I would love to get that, but thats probably too much/

Anonymous

You're not going to find any decent amp slinging out 1000W for much less than 300, the JBL is the best bet. I've seen it on http://www.ikesound.com for as cheap as 225-250. Such a deal...

Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 8
if each sub can handle 1200 watts peak then go to ebay and find a legacy 2400 watt 2 channel amp, i bought one and it works great

Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 9
and the one i bought costs 150 bucks

Username: Chburns

Post Number: 5
I have similar speakers (600RMS) JBL GTi 10" with peak of 3,000 W each. They each have dual 6 ohm voice coil, and was wandering what type of sub you would recommend for these? Looked at the JBL BP 1200.1, and the new JBL GT 1201.1, but what are the main differences in the two, and which would be the best match for these subs? Sorry for jutting in on your thread, but thanks for all advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us