4 Kicker CVR 15" with 4000 watts, sugg. to power supply problem for an '85 Mercedes-Benz Diesel

Username: Big_body_benzo

Houston, TX Good Ol USA

Post Number: 1
Was sent to you from a friend of mine who received good advice on his car. OK, I have picked up 4 15" kicker subs. As well I have gotten 2 off brand amps to power each of the two individually. Each amp is 2000 watts. I also have a pioneer deh-6800 head unit. I want to get everything done at once since they said it cost $200 for the install. Now the problem is I have a 85 Mercedes and its a diesel. Hence the need for all the power. Any body think this is gonna mess up the car? The alternator is rated at 65 amps. I may get a capacitor but thats the only thing i could think of. Maybe a swtich to cut the amp on after the car is already started.
Thanks for the help. Trying to install in a wk. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8266
u need a proper HO alt etc

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Username: Big_body_benzo

Houston, TX Good Ol USA

Post Number: 2
Is that like a High Cap. Alt.? So a capacitor wont help? Where can I get one from and how much does it cost to get installed? Should I install system first and judge how much power it seems to be lacking first?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8270
i hope u kinda u would understood from the link

with that much power u intend 2 push u DEFINITLY NEED A HO ALTERNATER , wire upgrades & about 2 drycell batt

contact this guy & he will hook u up

www.excessiveamperage.com

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 920
yes, rovin's right and the capacitor is not good without an HO alt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us