Does anybody else do this?

Bronze Member
Username: New_at_this

Post Number: 33
when i hook up my amp,instead of connecting the turn on wire to my HU,i connect it to a pilot switch so i can turn off the bass when i get tired of the boom from the back.does anybody else do this,i showed this to the guys down at the "audio shop" and they looked at me like i was crazy.

Username: Pad1188

Post Number: 2
i have seen many people do it. i tried it myself for a few days but didnt really like it, it was just kinda a cheap fix :-/ but it works!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2441
a switch in the REM wire is pretty common and can be nice.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 692
All 6 of my amps are on switches. I can turn on and off different sets for my riding pleasure.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 178
so wait wat kind of switch do u need to do that?
show me a pic anyone? and wat wires go where. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 144
I have seen a lot of people do this before, and there is nothing wrong with it. When they have a child in the car, they can turn off the sub amp. However, if you still want a good sounding, a midbass woofers should be there to replace the subwoofers.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 223
It's good for driving around cops in cities that have noise ordinances. For me, I have a bass level knob hidden in what was supposed to be an ash tray. So if they say they heard me playing music to loud when I get pulled over I turn the knob all the way over to 0 and its like the subs aren't even in my car. What subs, officer? I pay taxes and love what you are doing for job! JACKA$$!!!!

Username: Flip_raider18

Beaumont, TX U.S.A

Post Number: 8
hey cam' koldra where can u get that switch from?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us