Phoenix Gold vs. Alpine

Username: Cjohnson

Gilman, Iowa

Post Number: 4
I recently bought 3 JL 10W6v2 subs that I'm putting in a sealed enclosure. I'm debating between the Phoenix Gold Xenon X400.1 and the Alpine MRD-M450. I'm looking mostly for sound quality and have already gone through an Alpine amp that I liked. I know they're very reputable but my trusted friend is convinced Phoenix Gold is just as good. Just looking for some input.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2447
I take it those are the old w6 which are dual 6 ohm and if it is, then you need an amp that is 1 ohm stable, the alpine would not be....

Username: Cjohnson

Gilman, Iowa

Post Number: 5
Actually, if you read the post, they're JL 10W6v2's...the v2 stands for version 2. They are dual 4 ohm which is why I'm looking for one amp to power each sub, rather than wiring all the subs together to create a 2.67 ohm load and messing up wattages. Dual 4 ohm can be wired together to create a 2 ohm load, so I need a 2 ohm stable amp. I'm purchasing 3 of each amps, maybe I should have included that in the post.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 210
out of those 2 definitely go with the xenon.. a very good amp n' i think u can get them on ebay for like 140?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2449
try the kicker zx-400.1, better then the PG and any of the Alpine, and i think the 250/1 from JL would work, or the 500/1. Optimun power for those is about 300-350

Gold Member

Post Number: 2450
what about just running a 1000/1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us