Clarion cd reading problem

Username: Fordzx2333

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a Clarion DXZ465MP and did a self install, it was clean and everything worked great. CD's/MP3 and radio worked fine. I hooked up a new pioneer 12" in the trunk(used to have a kenwood 10"). Then I plugged two RCA's into the aux inputs (on accident) and realized my amp wasnt getting power. i pulled the head unit out and attached them to the pre-outs(this time the front ones, again on accident). went back and changed it to the rear pre-outs and the sub/amp worked great an all was well. i inserted a cd again and it just wasnt reading. it woudlnt read any kind of cd/mp3. pulled it out again and checked all connections and everythign was good. put a disc in again and it read ERROR 6. in the manual error 6 means upside down disc. im obviously not putting the discs in upside down b/c they worked fine before. what would be causing this what can i do?

Username: Preluder

Post Number: 8
i had the same problem u can try spraying compressed air into it.. the stuff u use to clean a key board.... but u are better of byeing a new one.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3251
You can also clean the lens with rubbing alcohol or one of the lens cleaner discs. If that doesn't work, I would guess the pickup is bad. At which point you would be better off just buying a new CD mech. But, if I remember correctly, most of Clarion's CD mech's are really expensive; 70-160$

It's up to you to decide if you want to replace it or not.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 95
same problem except mine does plays but doesnt show text words, its says on the manual it supports id3 tag, so i burned some cds using mp3 format and correct id3 tag but still does not show any song text, clarion is bad about this, i had no problem with my pass jvc'S

Username: Fordzx2333

Post Number: 2
i just returned it and got a new one, reads CD's beautifully, now i just can't get my amp to turn on :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 96
do you mean the amp canceller, there a setting on the hu. either turn amp on or of
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us