Unhappy with sound

Username: Lickwid

PA

Post Number: 7
I have a Power Acoustik 70w x 4 rms, and Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 75w x 4, and 1 of my back speakers isnt playing i think i know that answer already its my term connects. but even with the bass boost on my speakers dont give too much punch, the settings is on HPF, i was curious if i should set it to LPF or Full Channel? Then adjust till distortion is heard. Also my tweeter gives off a slight hiss but are connected via factory harness. Should i just un plug the tweeters?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2724
leave the amp on HPF, and for more bass response, add a subwoofer either with its own amp, or self-amplified such as a bass tube.
those 6.5" aren't made to produce bass.

are these tweeters part of the Infinity sets? or are they factory?

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 56
Get a sub. Depending on how much bass you want will determine the size. Sound to me like you are wanting enough bass so you can actually hear it, something that pops. I would get a good quality 10". Tens are all around poping subs. 12" give deep bass. 8" i have nothing aganst 8" but it seems like once you get a 8" installed you are wishing you got a 10". I dont know, its your car! Keep the tweeters plugged in if you get a sub.

Username: Lickwid

PA

Post Number: 8
now my tweeters are plugged into the factory wiring system so im not sure if thats why when i turn it up at high volumes im getting a crackling noise cuz the tweeters are factory as well, so i was planning on unplugging those and possibly upgrading to components up front at a later time, but right now my rear channel 3 i believe is the one thats not working, i know its not the wiring cuz i can swap channels with the speakers and both produce sound so the wiring isnt messed up im wondering if the amp is broken and isnt putting anything out in my chan 3. any other trouble shooting tips?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us