PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Madinmyden

Post Number: 12
I have 3 questions. It might sound stupid to some of the experts in the forum but I need a answer anyhow. My 1st question is 1. Do you wire the amp up straight from the +12v from the battery. And if so that means the amp never cuts off right. doesn't that drain the battery. Like the same way it would if you left your lights on. Question 2. What if i'm wiring two amps, will that drain the battery more (if at all) than 1 amp. 3rd question. If the amps never cut off because they are hooked up to the +12v from the battery, if i wanted them to cut off can i install a switch. Like i'll have the +12v coming from the battery, to the switch and the load coming off the switch will go to the amp. That way i can cut the amp off when my car is cut off. is that something that is normally done or do most folks just run the amp from the battery and let it stay on contantly. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 462
thats what the remote wire is for, it hooks up to a remote on your headunit and your amp isnt on unless your headunit is on, you can also run the remote straight from the battery with a switch, but i dont suggest it
btw the remote is labeled rem and is probably between + and - on your amp, usually a blue wire

Bronze Member
Username: Madinmyden

Post Number: 13
ok but all the wiring diagrams i have seen show that the +12v coming from the battery goes directly into the amp. so what your saying is the +12v will go into the blue remote wire in the headunit.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 679
like this

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 181
the power wire goes directly from the battery to the amp and the remote turn on wire goes from the head unit to the amp and makes the amp only turn on when you turn your head unit on so no it doesnt drain your battery when your cars not on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us