Will two amps blow them

Bronze Member
Username: Curious

Post Number: 70
Hey guys need some quick help will two kenwood subwoofer amps blow my two twelve inch alpine type r's ive heard of people throwing some crazy stuff on these thats why i bout them but im a little tired of the one amp set up and the amp is rated at 850 watts rms to one channel and i have a two ohm load thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Snopro4ever

Post Number: 72
well they only are designed to handle 500, i wouldnt put anythign over 700rms to them, unless you have heard diff. i know they can handle more then they are rated 4, but 850 is 350 over, that is quite a substantil ammount.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
ok thats what i was thinking to is there any way for me to get more power to the subs using that one amp you no have them hit a little harder.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 811
600w is enough for a type R. You can use Dynamat in your trunk, so you'll fell loudness and is the same setup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I only have 425 going to each sub and i do have my trunk dynamated thanks though

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1124
dude my cousin is trowin 1.5k rms to a single 15 inch type r and it bumps horrible sq but it bumps with aported enclousure tuned at 43 i think

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 824
jaja of course it has horrible sq, tune it to 30-32 and you'll see the difference

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 208
i bet hes getin some major SPL though!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
my box is sealed and i built it my self really not tryn to get anther box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help