SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS?

Username: Madinmyden

Post Number: 8
Ok. My car radio deck has four RCA outputs(2white and 2 red). My amp also has four RCA inputs(2white and 2 red). My deck has the RCA jacks labeled PREAMP FRONT and PREAMP REAR. I think that this is for running two amps with the same deck but i'm not sure. Anyway what are the four RCA jacks at the amp all about. Do I hook all four output jacks from the deck to the four RCA inputs at the amp. And if I dont then why does the amp has Four when you only need two. Does the music sound better if you have all four RCA jacks hooked up. I know this is a dumb question, but i'm kind of new at this. PLEASE HELP.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4141
what kinda amp do you have?

Post Number: 9
its a insignia 2-channel 360 watt bridgeable MOSFET amplifier.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4142
if its a 2 ch amp then you can only use either the preamp front or preamp rear. you would need to get another 2 channel amp if you want to use both front and rear.

2 of the rca connector on your amp is input and the other 2 are output. it should be marked on your amp.

Post Number: 10
Thanks Chad that really helps man. by the way if the amp has two rca outputs then where do they hook up to. do they hook up to another amp or to some speakers or what.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4149
they would go to another amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11507
The preouts on the head unit are for front and rear full-range channels (think door speakers)
the amp, if it's a 4 chanel amp, has inputs for all 4 channels.
If the amp is for subs, the 4 inputs are there so if you fade front to rear on the head unit, you're not supposed to be fading the subs in and out if they were only connected to one pair of inputs.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7864
sup Glass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us