Best amp for 2 JL Audio 8w7

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 318
I have asked this before but want to get some late opinions, at least while I have some cash to get a new amp if needed.........

Hi, I have two JL 8w7's and a Soundstream Rubicon RUB 500-1 which according to the manual puts out 500/1 at one ohm. Have two JL 8w7 (don't have the boxes yet) so I have not hooked this up yet. If I am doing my math right then the subs should run at 1.5 ohms if I hook them up paralell so I guess that is somewhere in the 200 watt range per sub, and of course the subs are rated at 300. I don't know if I want to invest in another amp but if I do, can anyone recommend a good amp for my setup? I am looking at somewhere around 800 watts at 1 ohm I guess to give these the right power? Thanks Mike

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7843
u could do 2 PG Xenon 400.1's???

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 319
I have to stick with one amp, I have a four channel to power the front and rear and don't have room for two more; actually the sub amp has to be somewhat small as I have it mounted to the back of the rear seats and the Eclipse I have for the other speakers is pretty big. Thanks Chauncy but I can't do two more amps for the subs............have to make due with one....

again maybe the SS will work but it is at the bare mimimum for 2 8w7's and really I don't know what amps are good these days. Should I also consider a two or four channel amp bridged or would that complicate things too much?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7846
whas ur budget

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 765
chauncey why don't you sell the crossfire to him, he just needs to keep the gain down

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 320
Probably no more than 400 but it will be a while before I can get another amp.......I am not against a used one if it is in good shape.

Should I stick with a mono or how about a two channel bridged or something?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 251
Mono is more efficient for pushing subs, so I would say that.

Bronze Member
Username: Junior22

Post Number: 32
my boy has two 8's off of an sx900.2 ... and it slams ...

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 321
Thanks for the replies, I finally got my boxes today and mounted the subs, so by later today I will see how they sound from my little Rubicon 500-1 and go from there. I have a feeling that they will sound underpowered and if so need to get another amp, I will look at that sx holler, never heard of them though....sx the brand or a model number?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 816
model from kicker

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 322
OK now I am ready to make a decision, the amp I have sound a little weak so I am looking for an amp that puts out 300 watts each at 1.5 ohms.....

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us