Need advice on JBL 601.1

Username: Upc239

Post Number: 2
Greetings. Need some advice. I just purchased (today) a JBL 601.1 amp and one pioneer TS-W306DVC sub, and im quite disappointed. Its not kicking like i thought it would. Is it the amp? The sub? The amp comes with two channels, and its currently plugged into one (not bridged).

My dilema is:
1) should I purchase a second sub (and second box)
2) should I simply try bridging this sub (not quite sure how)?
3) Should i return the pioneer sub and get a better brand?

I bought a bassworks box (without a vent/hole).

The overall bass sound inside the car is "so-so", its obviously working, but I KNOW this amp should be pushing harder.

any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 179
you got it in sealed? a Sealed enclosure was desinged for SQ not SPL which is prob why the sub dosnt sound loud but i bet it sounds nice clean sound does it? get a vented box it would hit harder keep the sub see how much better it sounds. Also check the ohm rating of the sub is it dual 4 ohm or dual 2ohm and what is the ohm rating of the amp look those both up and make sure they match.If your amp is bridgeable then sure bridge it and on the sub itself hook + to + and - to - or if u want read the sub manual first it would show u how to hook it up in parallel

Post Number: 3
The sub is a a single vc @ 4ohms (nom 400watts-max 1000watts). the amp has 2 channels. not too sure how to bridge this.

Post Number: 4
Ok. I just went to a store, purchase a (ported)bassworks box that holds 2 x 12" subs. I also purchased a second pioneer sub.
Now, my amp has 2 channels. The subs are pioneer ts-306dvc. Whats the best way to plug these subs?
(one sub per channel?)

Thanks...Im installing them now...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us