Help me pick a system

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 104
So i think im just going to try to sell all of my stereo stuff and start fresh again... Im going to have my power upgraded enough for anything i want to throw at it before i buy it all but...... here is what i want to do.... I need Highs, Mids, And my Lows. I want a NEW HU that does lower freq. then my current one(it does 65hz-125hz or sumthing) Im looking to spend around 3000-4000$ but i would already have the power done by then, so its all for the rest. Im going to pad everything with diamond padding. any suggestions on what i should go with and for what....Ex.......
RE-XXX-for my lows.......Mids.. u kno..... Im looking for a SQL system.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8140
with that budget u could easily go all out JL with a premier HU .

how many/size of subs can ur ride hold ?....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7747
lows: Crystal CmpX's

mids: DynAudio System 360

HU: Alpine CDA-7990

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 106
Are Cerwin Vega Stroker 122's and good?
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4298
I was thinking get 2 of these maybe and 2 Pheonix Gold Xeonon 1200.1 and push each sub on its own amp at 1ohm..... I am going to look into those suggestions also.... Does anyone know the Max RCA input voltage for these Xenon 1200.1 amps? I would like to install some line drivers if possible to.

Bronze Member
Username: B_son

Post Number: 54
pretty sure thts a spl only sub so try chauncey's idea

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 107
I kno ive asked this before to, but ive got alot of different answers back..... if i have 2 spls and 2 sq's will it still sound good, i heard ya and its called a SQL system and other people tell me it sounds like garbage...... they would all be running on there completely own amps, 1 amp per sub and all...... I love the SPL but i also want the SQ for all the frequencies....

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 109
Well i have a 4door '99 blazer so i got some decent room in the rear, i can probally get a good 4 12's in there, once i make my custom boxes. I need to make sure EVERYTHING will work perfect with each other.... i was sure the stuff i have now would but it still doesnt..... crappy ohm ratings on my subs.... 2ohms read 1.7 and 1.8ohm overall ohms dont match right and heat my amps up alot. Even on a 1ohm stable mono block.... also.... with the HU i would like DVD if i can get that with somthing supporting a low enough Freq. around 40hz-45hz or less

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8146
i would prolly do 2 havocs.......

http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 112
What kind of amp or amps would you suggest for those? dual 1.73ohm vc? what would i run them at then, i like 1ohm the best.... but that would measure more like .75\.8 ohms right? I cant find a good amp that does .5ohm that would push the power im looking for.. ive seen a few 200-600watt at .5ohm but thats weak
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us