Kickerkx600.1

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 198
their are some knobs on the top that say x over freq, gain, and bass boost, should i just leave them be or do i nned to "TUNE" them?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 589
You should tune them. Some other pros can prob help. It may be helpful if you tell em what sub your running and voice coils. also how many subs, other speakers and comps.? Gain can be set by turning it all the way down, Turn up the HU volume to its normal Max listening setting. Like 60-70% volume, then start turning up the gain till it starts clipping, turn it back a hair and your done. Keep the bass boast at the lowest setting. Use the HU to control bass output. The crossover 80-60 but im not sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
im running the AA arsenal 15 dual 4 ohm VC, thats the only thing im runnin no speakers or components, any help if ur sure you know what ur talking about is apprreciated, thanks marc, so dont use the bass boost? what about the bass boost that u can place somewhere? dont use that one either?

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 46
splmonster, i got my 600.1 about 1 week ago.got it on a 10 inch L5.sounds great.its raining hard from the tropical storm so i aint goin out to look,but ive got all my dials at about 12.oclock if youre looking at the amp.I use my bass nob also. i adjust it often,almost every song.lol,hope this helps. hey spl, can you hear your fan runnin on your amp?mine wines,i can hear it if i turn the key to acc so that the radio is on but not the truck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
sorry david, its not hooked up yet but will get to ya in a couple days when i get her hooked up

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 418
first off, if your gunna use ur bass nob, just keep ur bass boost on ur amp at 0. second , u adjust ur gains according to ur head unit preout voltage, you cant just set ur gains at 12 oclock everytime and expect it to work well. and finally, ur crossover point, usually somewhere between 80 and 120 usually does well. mines at 100. ive owned the kx600.1 but now run the zx1000.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
well where between 80 and 120, kinda a big gap lol, and how will i know if its "clipping? or tell what my HU preout voltage is, i have a pionner 680mp

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
bump

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 419
considering you can hear 20-20,000 Hz, 80-120 isnt a big gap

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
so should i just set it at 100?
and for the gains, just put HU at 75% turn gain up till it starts to distort/clip then turn it down a hair?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
bump, anyone know for sure im doing it right now

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 504
I wouldn't set the boost on your amp at zero like recommended above. I have a KX1200.1. Mine is set at 12 o'clock, but I don't use the remote bass control. I don't like it. When you connect it, the bass drops dramatically, then you have to turn it up using the remote control knob. If you're gonna use it, I would turn the boost on the amp up fairly high, and just keep it down on the remote knob. If you set it at zero on the amp, you won't get hardly any boost from your remote knob.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbrown

Post Number: 43
yeah do what james said

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 507
As for the X-Over, I would set it around 90-100Hz and use the HU to adjust from there. I have pre-sets on my HU X-Over set at 80Hz and 63Hz. I switch depending on the music I'm playing.

Some on here have said the HU won't "over-ride" the amp's X-Over, but I can clearly hear a difference when I switch from 80Hz to 63Hz. My HU is a CDA-9855.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us