Question AMP HELP

Username: Newjacksm

Post Number: 1
Alright so I think/know I bought a crappy amp. Im buying a whole new system for my car

I really dont know anything about amps. So bare with a newbie here..

I bought this amp

Its a Legacy 800watt amp 2channel
http://cgi.ebay.com/LA538-AMPLIFIER-AMP-AMPS-LEGACY-800-WATT-2-CHANNEL-NEW_W0QQi temZ9737421600QQihZ008QQcategoryZ48599QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im not sure what the watts are subs. As they were hannded down to me. But I would have to guess they are 1200-1500 max MTX audio.

anyways my first question

Crappy amp or not should I try reselling it before I install it to really see its crappy?

And should I get a 100-150 watt amp for the speakers? or should the 2 channel amp be fine?

thanks for helpin me out

(I bought this amp for about 80 bucks shipped then i saw a nice Kenwood for about 100 bucks more shipped I think i would of rather spend the 100 bucks more knowing I would of gotten the quality)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 583
where did you find that site? I have never seen that many bad amps together before. LOL Pyle, Paramid, Lagacy, AND Lanzar. LOL, so... anyway, you have the amp now? Put it in, hook it up. that way in the future you will know what not to buy. With out specs on the subs it hard to determine what amp would be good for them. Throw em on the legacy and see if they smoke. If they dont, use the amp/sub set up to show off to someone who will offer you money for it. Sell it imeadiatly and research some quaility audio gear for your next build. By the way, Kenwoods are on the lower end of the spectum as well. You should look into Phoinix gold, or Hifonics , audiobum as a entry level budget set up.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 721
check this setup for you. 2 kicker CVR and 1 audiobahn a8000t. (subs dual 2 ohm). Then save some money and buy one infinity component and a nice HU such as clarion or pioneer. Try to sell it all to another newbie jeje and save money, that's the best to do in car audio, get good stuff and be patient
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us