Audiobahn A2300hct

Username: Munkie

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
Audiobahn A2300hct the best lookin Amp ive seen... Seemed also like a very powerful amp..Thats why i bought it.. Now Despite the fact that ive heard good and bad things about Audiobahn subs, Im going to buy one of there subs anyway, that should make life a bit easier.... Now which audiobahn sub... i duno... Help me find the The proper Sub(S)please..

The only subs i like and want are:

10"-12"-15" Audiobahn Immortal Series
(1/2 OHM?!?!? -- QUAD 2 OHM)
Or
10"-12"-15" Audiobahn Eternal Series

Preferably i want Two of any of the above, but one will work... Pretty much the best match for the Amp i just got..

Note:
-Money isnt an issue...

-I have a 95 Mustang - which never seems to get much bass outside the car, probably because its all metal

-**********MY mAIn Goal Is to GET MORE Bass oUTside the car..!! Yes, i am the kind of person that likes to be heard a mile away**************

Amp Specs... (FAR LEFT)
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/products/amps/HighCurrentSpecs.gif

Immortal Sub specs...
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/products/woofers/immortalSpecs.gif

Eternal Sub Specs...
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/products/woofers/eternalSpecs.gif

THanks for the Advice guys..

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 61
either get 2 awes15p or 2 awes12p and wire them for 1 ohm since they are 4 ohm dvc. with the 15's you would be underpowering them by 200 rms though and with the 12's you would probobly be powering them just right so id get the 12's

Post Number: 6
Hmm, so do you think ported or sealed is better for getting more bass outside the trunk/car..

Also, i have this idea in my head that a bigger sub (ex 15") would give more bass outside the car then something smaller even with the same RMS....

Either way, im pretty sure i wont be able to fit 2 15" in the back of a mustang or probably wouldnt want to.....

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 352
if "money isnt an issue" why dont you get some subs that will preform better then the audiobahn.

if you want loud your going to want to port your box

also if you plan on pulling more then 600-800rms you need to upgrade your altenator to probly a 200amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
get those 2 12's in a ported box. you wont be able to fit 2 15's in a mustang unless u get a small sealed box and that wont be as loud. i wouldnt get the audiobahns either though id probly get 2 cvx's

Post Number: 7
15 Amp stock alternator isnt enough?.. not worth my time to go from 150 to 200.. if anything id go much higher to possibly 250A...

well either way, i actually am considering other subs now... its just audiobahn subs look so good and its like power and looks at the same time... but i am more on the power side and am actually considering other subs, as long as they look decent, ex - kicker...

But even compaines like kicker, only hit 750rms with 12" Solo baric L7.. even with 2, thats underpowering them...

If theres any not great lookin sub id buy, id probably be JL W7.. but again this amp seems to overpower it alot...

Post Number: 8
150 Amp stock alternator isnt enough?.. not worth my time to go from 150 to 200.. if anything id go much higher to possibly 250A...

well either way, i actually am considering other subs now... its just audiobahn subs look so good and its like power and looks at the same time... but i am more on the power side and am actually considering other subs, as long as they look decent, ex - kicker...

But even compaines like kicker, only hit 750rms with 12" Solo baric L7.. even with 2, thats underpowering them...

If theres any not great lookin sub id buy, id probably be JL W7.. but again this amp seems to overpower it alot...

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 358
im pretty sure a mustang doesnt have a 150a stock alt. you might wnat to double check that

just becasue a subs rms isnt high doesnt mean it wont get loud

Post Number: 9
Ye my bad, 130A stock.... aliright, well anyways chaging the Alternator is out of hte subject, im sure i will do that anyways..

Now i really need to know the Best Subs to Go with this AMP... 1-Ohm Stable: 2400W Into a 1-Ohm Mono Load

I Actually dont care if they are Audiobahn Subs... Lookin all companies now.. long as they would fit in my mustang and use the Amp to its potential

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 359
have you measured your trunk at all to see if you can fit 15s or does it have to be 12s

Post Number: 10
putting in 2 15" is gona eat up my whole trunk... which i kinda dont want to do... 1 15" or 2 12" are perfectly fine...

I duno guyz, im so lost about audiobahn subs... bad and good reviews everywhere... i still really want them cus there so hot... so if i got this straight.. they're really loud but not clear?... how about at like lower not max volumes.. they sound good or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
you can get subs that are 750 rms like the cvx and just turn your gain down a little and it will be fine and thats amps probobly overrated anyway so its probly not even putting out 2400 rms so i dont think it would blow them

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 705
that amp should be putting around 2000w rms. audiobahn subs do get loud, but no quality at any volume, if you're pushing something with 2k watts, why do you want it to sound good with 300w going to it? go with JL

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 368
maybe get an asendent audio havoc

or look into treoengineering.com

soundsplinter.com (rl-p)

just look around for some nice subs...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hmm, so if i ended up going with JL... what would it have to be... 2 JL W7? 1 13W7? ... i have a uneducated feeling that this amp would blow one 13W7 ...

i Still really want immortals maby 2 10" ones... or 2 12" eternals... Dont realli understand how subs can sound bad or unclear.. they still subs at the end... and should be heard a mile away...

n e wayz thnx for all the input so far guyz, helped alot..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
2 Rockford Fosgate T212D2 12's would beat any of those subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
do whatever you want, we can't get you in reality lol!

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 371
christ dude if you dont want advice from people who know what they are talking about then why are you here, just get your sh!tty audiobahn subs and think there cool till you here a real system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Aight guyz, So ive decided to get 2 Kicker L7 12" subs.... they run at 750rms each...

Question is, Is the A2300HCT amp too much or unessesary... Can i go with A2200hct and still use my subs to full potential??..

I dont want to waste money on 2300 if i dont have to..
Both Amp Specs...
http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/products/amps/HighCurrentSpecs.gif

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8158
y dont u go ebay & buy that wcc/orion 2500d amp only 450-500 shipped & get 2 better sounding/reliable subs like the CVX model if u want 2 stick with kicker.....

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3183
join the group buy...

2000d Autotek goin for 400$ plus 15-20$ shipping!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/239842.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
CVX subs are ugly.. if i was to go with kicker, it would have to be Squre... i dont belive that the round ones would sound better then Square anyway.. but again ive never heard the diffrence jus know that square subs have more surface area..

If i dont do 2 Kicker l7 12"... i would do 1 Kicker L7 15" which is only 1000rms dough....

But ye, neither of u guyz answered my question...

Audiobahn 2300hct or 2200hct best match for the kickers...

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
one question ARE YOU G4Y? you just want pretty subs, eeehh.... nobody cares if your subs are hot or not, they just want loudness and quality

Bronze Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 36
dude the CVX have twice the SQ of the L7 yes the L7 has more surface area but 2 12 CVX subs would blow your 15 inch L7 out of the water... take some good advice, these people know what they are talkin about

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Wow, you guyz really got me thinking for the past few days, i been chaning my mind everyday. anyway

Now im thinkin JL audio again.. and wondering if i should do....

(2) JL 500/1 AMP With (2) 10W7

or

(1) JL 1000/1 Amp with (1) 13W7

If i got the 2 10w7, i would probably most likely face them with there back sticking out of the box.. but thats a whole diff story... n e way lemme know quick guyz, i cant thank you guyz enuf for helpin me get this far.. lol thnx again...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Or possibly mix and match like... (2) 10W7 with 1000/1 amp

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 803
why not try 2 of these:

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rls_series/rls12_inch_LMT_DIY_car_home_subwoofer_in formation.html

or

http://stereointegrity.com/Magnum12.html

or

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500f

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
.. Whats wrong with JL?.. i rather stick to a whole JL system then mix match around... i think i got my mind set with 1000/1 and (2) 10w7 ...

Im kind of worried it may only have SQ.. but from what i know JL are king and it must be realli loud with (2)10w7

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 804
yeah the w7 will get loud and sound great, but you can get other subs that'll beat it in spl since that seems like thats all you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Awsome, i think im gona purchase the 1000/1 ... how come i cant find any warrenty info on it anywhere?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 805
go to jlaudio.com for their warrenty info. also, you buying from an authorized jl dealer, cause if not you wont get a warrenty from jl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
sweet.. so probably last question now... DO i go with 1 1000/1 amp for the 2 10w7 or do i go 2 500/1 amps for the 2 10w7.......

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 806
depends on what you want but i'd go with the 2 500/1. why not put more power to each sub though?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
So you think i should stick with the Audiobahn 2300hct?... probably the only other amp i wud buy if not JL..

Im wondering now if hte Audiobahn 2300hct will reduce SQ or anything else with the 10w7

THe audiobahn which seems to give out more power, is costing me the same price as the 1000/1... and with Audiobahn i get 3 year extended warrenty..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 809
are jl and audioburn the only brands available to you? jl over audiocrap any day, and i'm sure everyone else here would agree. what other brands can you get, i take it you only want to buy brand new from a dealer?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Actually no, the JL amp i would buy New off ebay.. and the Audiobahn i would buy new with warrenty..

Well, the JL seems to have almost got to me, so i think im either about to buy 2 500/1 or 1 1000/1...
U said 2 500/1 but i think im going to go with the 1000/1. im not sure dough.

I dont know if going for the 500/1's will make that extra diffrece worth spending money on...

But for brands.. ye i seem to like JL or AUdiobahn.. THey have either exxelent names or excellent looks.. but ye ive had fosgates in the past, lots of bad experiences, including last one that got stolen... P8002.. Only like a month ago..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 811
i can understand liking jl, but audiobahn? not even in the same class as jl, pure junk and their subs sound like sh!t.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
lol aight i gotcha... aite man las question for the nite... 2 10W7 with either 2 500/1 or 1 1000/1

Or

1000/1 amp with 1 12w7 or mabey 13w7 (if it fits)

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 813
i'd take the 2 10"s, but imo the w6 would be the way to go for jl so i'd look for a pair of them.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 129
I got 2 audiobahn 12'' QVC 2ohm immortal subs. I have power upgrades and all and still arent to impressed with them, at one point i was powering them with a Earthquake PHD10,000w\2 which can produce plenty enough power to even smoke both of those subs, and i have power upgrades and everything. If you are trying to get a system that you can bang for a long time i wouldnt go with these, they only sound good for the first 10\15 minutes of high power, and they start to sound crappy and give you crappy sounds and bass lines..... I had the same problem with any way i wired them up.... 1ohm for the both them togethor was the best sounding but like i said starts to sound like crap once it produces its heat, they get HOT and so does ANY amp you will try to push them with and i dont mean hot as in normal, but HOT as where you need to get lots of fans to keep it cool enough to not cut out.(after the 15-20 minutes it will either cut out or pop your amp fuses or go into protect mode.....

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 131
If you want more then a 50A upgrade talk to Nathan at www.excessiveamperage.com he can make them up to about 375A i believe and for a nice price also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Sweetness, ok so go the JL 1000/1 and now wondering if i should get the 13W7 with a custom made box by local car audio... or get the 12W7 with the H.O wedge from JL audio...

Im lookin for more SPL then SQ.. thnX

Both will be ported.. and both have to fit in a small space..

I hope theres not a huge space diffrence between the 12w7 and 13w7 ... from my sensee the JL HO wedge box isnt taht big...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us