Where to buy Phoenix Gold?

Bronze Member
Username: Sports_fan

Post Number: 17
i just bought a jl stelathbox with 10w3. ctmike sugg running it with PHOENIX GOLD XENON 400.1 but the closest dealer is like 4 hrs away. was told to stay away from indioaudio on ebay and there is only one other seller and i'm afraid of getting ripped off, so does anyone have any advice in where to get one? i live in se michigan

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 151
I never had a problem with indoaudio. I've ordered from them a lot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
it looked like they had a lot of positive feedback, but some people were saying they scam. that's good to hear tho, b/c i can't find anything close to me. are their products new or refurbished?

Bronze Member
Username: B_son

Post Number: 53
ikesound.com has tht amp for 160 and i believe they are reputable place to buy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks. that web site says it is not fan cooled, the ebay ones say it is, anyone own one that knows?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 694
the 1200.1 is fan cooled, i think that line is built in fan, you can get it from www.onlinecarstereo.com with free shipping

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2276
find a JL 250/1 that is all you need, you can get them pretty cheap off ebay....or if that is a 4ohm load i have a Memphis PR-200.2 i will sell you for 90 delivered

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
not sure if it's 4 ohm or what? here is a link to the speaker. i know the jl will push it but it is about $100 more than the alpine my audio store is suggesting. i can get the alpine for $159 @ the store, or the pg online for $160 plus shipping. chaepest jl 250/1 i can find is close to $300 what would be best for the money?

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1500

Gold Member

Post Number: 2289
it is set up for a 4ohm load, how about the Memphis for $90 deliverd, i had it running 2 sets of JL coax speakers in wifes car, not ran very much or hard...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
you think that would be my best option. sorry for all the stupid questions, i'm one of those guys that can hook up a system, but have not idea whats really going on. how many watts is the memphis?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2290
400w bridged at 4ohms, plenty for that 10w3 all you really need is about 200w. but this will work perfect and for the price you can not beat it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
sounds good man. let me talk to wifey and i will get back to you soon. thanks for all your help ty

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 539
this is PG website for Refurbs and old stock. Still carries warranty. Thier web dealer is parts express, Cruthfield. Check out thier website.

http://stores.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-DIRECT_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2 QQtZkm

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 229
I have had a horrible experience with indo (5 months for them to ship) and I would advise you to stay away but it is up to you.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 540
My .02 on Indo. If you sell a thousand products a day, 5-10% or gonna be bad. Like any buisness, cant keep everyone happy. If this site had a polling feature, like some other sites do, I bet only 10% of ppl who bought from their had probs. Ive had probs from HIFIConnection, but hey, thats life.

Username: Detroit_fan

Post Number: 8
thanks for the info guys, this is such a complicated decision lol! i have never used ebay and am terrified of getting ripped off or havin the amp blow in week. i wish someone on here had a jl 250/1 for a good price.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 543
By Tys Mem PR200.2. Id take Mem, over JL. If I seen that before I bought my Zapco last week I would have grabed it.

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 148
hey Ty would that memphis power 2 kicker c12 pretty good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2306
if they are the single 8ohm version, then i think so, little more then rms to them....

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 155
i think they are 4ohms each

Username: Detroit_fan

Post Number: 9
thanks for the offer ty, but today i found an alpine mrp-m450 for $50 at work. it should push my 10 w3 pretty well. great price tho, thanks for all your help. i will contact you for further purchases.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1173
btw - the PG xenon 400.1's are NOT fan cooled, same with the 100.4's. All others in the Xenon family, however, are. :-)

I'd recommend woofersetc.com, but they might be a bit higher on the Xenon's than most. Not sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us