New us amps

Username: Torog

Martinique

Post Number: 10
Hi, how are the new us amps? I heard they were lower quality. For example the 2080?
What do you think about ppi power class, art series, xtant and zapco, or denon for components?
I know there were lots of threads on this but I need some more informations.
Thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3109
I can't say much about US amps, but xtant, zapco, and PPI are wonderful. Zapco should be your top choice, then a PPI or xtant. Some people like xtant better than PPI assuming you get the older models...

If you decide to go with PPI, I would suggest the PC series, they have built in crossovers and almost exact sound quality as the art series-for some reason, the art series is extremely popular when the PC series is just about as good if not better in my opinion.

I've seen the insides of a few Denons and they don't look so great, and I certainly haven't heard anyone raving about their sound quality...

Username: Fresnolarry

Fresno, Ca U.S.

Post Number: 2
Hello,
I just bought a Cuspid, Extreme, 1600 auto amp.
can't get it to power up. I followed the instructions on the user man.
I did notice that the 15 amp.(blue) plug-in fuse was blown, and I replaced it.

Does the amp absolutely require a car stereo to be wired into it, for the amp to power up?
I attached the amp to a 12v car batt., but the power led will not light up. Does the unit have to be grounded? I tried that but nothing, and didn't blow a fuse while trying.

My dream is to power an mp3 (pocket size, batt. powered) on my Honda, GoldWing.

Bronze Member

Martinique

Post Number: 11
Ok thanks! Infact I just bought a ppi powerclass( 2x 25w)for my fronts speakers form ebay but it's only 2 channels so I need another. I just saw a us amps at 68$ +shipping and I have a deal on an image dynamics idq for 70$ shipped. I haven't enough money to buy all so I'm wondering I I shouldn't get good speakers before good amps. I actually plan to sell or let another people buy the ppi to buy my sub.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3113
Larry:The RCA thing can work. However, it MUST be grounded, or no electrons can flow, therefore it's a chunk of metal with no use. Additionally, you need to wire the remote turn on to your battery with a switch-it basically tells the amp when to turn on and off.

Is your Goldwing going to have enough amperage to power that thing?

Alexis: Great! What will you use the US Amps for?

Bronze Member

Martinique

Post Number: 12
No. I upgrade my system and go active way so I need two 2 channels amps for the frontstage. For my sub I have an old school rockford fosgate 2600x.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us