Would a hifonics 1600w amp be good for 2 cvr's?

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 46
would a hifonics 1600w amp be good for 2 12' cvrs. It is this amp here http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606D-1600W-MONOBLOCK-Class-D-Amp-NEW-06_W0QQite mZ9734567894QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i had a directed 1100d but it keeps goin into protect so im getting a new amp do you think this amp would be just as good or better?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 743
it's a better amp than your other one, but even though it's overrated you'd probably be giving each sub about 200+ watts above the rms. i'd look around for another amp, but that's me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
i just bought it so its to late ill just turn the gain about half way up and i think it should be good

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1483
i think ur overpowering them by too much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I didnt get that amp that i first posted i got the model from last year BX1605D so i think ill only be giving 1100 rms to both of them so that should be good. also what should the phase be set to and the subsonic filter? and how high do you think i should have the level and bass boost so i dont blow the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 745
depends on what your box is tuned to and i'd keep the bass boost off, thats what i do. at most i turn mine up 2 clicks (out of 32) and use the hu for turning up the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1501
even if its the old bx1600 its still going to claim 1600 @ 1 ohm. its not overrted a ton, but it will put out around 1400
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us