WHAT AMP AND SUBS SHOULD I GET??

Angel
Hey Car Audio Guru's : )

I know absolutely nothing about car audio. I have a 93 Lexus GS300 and my factory Nakamichi amplifier that came with it blew out. It costs $968 without installation to replace. I would much rather get a whole new system. Any suggestions on what amp and sub(s) work best together?

I also am changing out my stereo. If the stereo has any bearing on the performance of the sub and amp , can you also suggest what I should get.

I'm trying to spend $800-$900 between the amp, sub(s) and stereo.

note***I want a lot of power but I don't want to have to change my altenator and battery.

Thanks a lot for any help.

I have no suggestions.. but i will say get a class d amp for your bass(will help the alternator situation).. your budget is kinda limited though.. with head unit i would suggest a pioneer cd playa, pioneer subs, and poineer amps... and forget about what i said about the class D amp.. unless you have a little bigger budget... well i guess i do have a suggestion..
(and by the way, the site im talkin bout has free shipping on all of their products.. )

Pioneer DEH-2500 cd playa w/remote: $139 on da net

2 Pioneeer TS-W3041C subs: $89 each on da net(rated 400 watts rms each)

2 or 3 Pioneer amps: $139 each on da net(rated at 400 rms when bridged mono)

3 amps with everything would put you at $734

you will still need the external crossover, install kit for the cd playa, and the wiring kit for the amps (x-over $30-90 depending on the brand you want, radio install kit $10-20, the wiring kit $50-100 also depending on the brand you get)if you got the most expensive of these it would add your total up to $944

(IF YOU WANT BIG BASS, 1 AMP FOR THE HIGHS, AND 2 FOR THE BASS.. ONE PER SUB.. USE BOTH AMPS SET AT THE LOWEST SENSITIVITY AND GET AN EXTERNAL ACTIVE X-OVER WHICH WILL MAKE SURE THE VOLUME FOR EACH AMPS OUTPUT IS THE SAME IF WIRED CORRECTLY.. if you go with this idea, hit me up and i will let you know how to hook it up so both amps to your subs are giving the da same wattage... VERRRRRRY IMPORTANT)

roland
dude, solobaric 12 L7 dual 4 ohm and aa kicker kx 600.1. its really about a 770 watt amp. today (6/1/2003) i hit 152.3 spl with 2 solobaric 12" L7's in a ported box in my trunk. Loud as hell. I beat a guy with $11,000 in jl crap. lol

I have a 1994 Chevy Crew Cab Dulley with a 454 engine. I am looking for a hi-output altenator that can put out at least 200 watts of power or more.Who do you think has a altenator that would give me this extra power.Thank's Pernell Cooper

hi sound guys i urgently need your info i bouth a pair of subs but i need your advice on how to pump them to their ultimate performance.
like what enclosure size should it be in and a amp to pump it.

calibra stealths-12" 1000 watts peak-250 rms

and if anyone can refer me to websites which state the types of enclosures(boxes) or amps i need it will be gladly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us