Zapco vs Old School PPI

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3086
I know there's billions of these types of threads, but I haven't seen either of the aforementioned brands against each other, and haven't heard enough to really have a good idea of which is more ideal. We're assuming the old school PPI works perfectly, haha. Even if you've just heard one or the other or even neither, just give me your opinions. Thanks guys...

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 483
Old Skool Zapco AG 200

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3087
What about the newer Zapcos?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 485
unfamiliar with.. Sorry, I guess my repley is in vain

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3088
No problem, I just need opinions. You've been helpful. I have a choice between an old school PPI and a Zapco (both rated at 450w @4ohms x1)...not sure which I want to go with...

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 789
i would take zapco over ppi any day.....zapco is built very well and puts out more thn its rated.....go for the zapco

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 489
My Zapco is very user friendly. I am running 4 6x9s at 50wrms. this off a a two channel. 2 6x9, wired at 4 ohms L and R, and 2 6x9s bridged @ 100/2 for 50 watts each. I am very pleased with its performance so far. I am looking to get another soon. this is my hook up

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 795
how much did u buy ur zapco for....ive always seen them and thier expensive

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 491

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3879
I love my PPI A600.2 / its sounds amazing with my CDT component set.

I whouldnt trade it for anything.

Zapco is a excellant amp because of its build quality. Tougher then a tank and will last years to come. Reminds me of the ppi art series of the 90's.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5571
If you're comparing Zapco's lower models against PPI's Art series, I'd take Art.
If however, you're comparing with Zapco's C2K line, then Zapco.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3090
Cool, thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3106
PPI ALL THE WAY!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3107
Im still searching for that same PPI amp SQ... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ford150nite

Delray Beach, Fl Westplam

Post Number: 20
You want realy old school look up Force EV subs!!!!!! They knock hard as he!!.

Username: Bumpntunes01

Lewisberry, Pa York

Post Number: 1
My name is Derek, I am new on this web forum. I am very familier with both the amps. First off I will tell you the truth, the Zapco and PPI are both a hell of an amp. But I will tell you this much even though you do have a zapco, I would choose PPI any day over it.

I sold my friend down the street from where I live a 600X1 mono PPI art Series so we could power his 2 15" OLD SCHOOL lanzar DC Series dual 4 ohm, which are in excellent condition, look like they weren't used much. The amp runs them both at a 1 Ohm load, Ran Parallel voice coil to voice coil, and outside the box ran parallel to each connection chamber, the amp powers both of them to about the max handling point and still wants to give the Subs more. Amp never gets hot, stays at a nice easy warm temp, and is kickin the subs LOUD AS HELL. I know a Zapco couldn't power those subwoofers like that if it was just rated as a 600 watt mono amp. Trust me, I have used a lot of different brands in the past 8 years.

Hope you enjoy your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 257
I have had 2 PPI Art 404's and I have also had C2K 6.0X AND Zapco will sound better 100%. Even if you compared PPI F1 series to C2K, most likely C2K would be the winner.
I love Art, but Zapco is better:-)
Arc Audio XXK will also sound better than Art.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3903
Im running a PPI Art A600.2 for my component set and a Arc Audio XXK-1500 for my subs.

Both are quality amps and will last a long time and sounds amazing.

Bronze Member
Username: Detroit_fan

Post Number: 11
i've got an old ppi pc2100(no idea of output) and it pushes kickers great. been thru hell and still pounds like a champ. must admit tho, i have never used zapco
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us