AMP SETTINGS

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 344
I put my amp on LPF settings and its about 2/4 the way over on the dial and on my deck i have HPF OFF and my LPF setting at 120.

Now i was wondering if that was a good setting and my amp level at 3/4 the way up. My Sub Lvl are at 0 my Bass on my amp is at 10+ along with my Trebel and my Sq Freq is at 60hz + 2 does that seeem okay? Also my amp tends to get pretty hot which maybe a retorical quetsion but is that okay after about 1hr of pumping it?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 976
First of all we need to know what make and model are all of your stufff. Try to list as much information as possible. Even wire sizes, rca cables, speakers and subs you are running. This will help us help you.

As far as gains are concerned, half way doesnt mean much. Some people use the digital multimeter to match your HU preout voltage to the input sensitivity on the amp. Some people use the ear method (just listen and turn to where it sounds good).

Your amp may be runnin hot for multiple reasons. By the way, amp get hot. Its a natural thing if you crank em up.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 346
Lanzar Vibe 248 running at 2Ohm (500RMS X 2)
Lanzar Heritage 124D x 2 500RMS / 1000 peek
Panasonic Cq5031U or somthing its 50x4
2 Infitiy 2way 180watt speakers (rear)
Normal RCA wires i tink and some THICK speaker wires.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 347
Lanzar Vibe 248 running at 2Ohm (500RMS X 2)
Lanzar Heritage 124D x 2 500RMS / 1000 peek
Panasonic Cq5031U or somthing its 50x4
2 Infitiy 2way 180watt speakers (rear)
Normal RCA wires i tink and some THICK speaker wires.

Bandpass 4 port box (looking to change to a vented 1 port 1.2 sq foot as says on lanzar site.)
suggestions...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us