Tell what you think Xtant 1000dx

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 397
I have 3 15w6 those are the 6 ohm sub. If i wired them down to 1 ohm i can use this amp. Will this amp work as good as a JL 1000\1? Is there any danger on running it at 1 ohm?

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 398
Sorry the amp is a 1001dx.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1005
Xtant is one of the best amp brands you can buy. On the very same level as JL. The 1000/1 isn't one ohm stable. The 1001dx is. I believe it puts out 1000 wrms @ 1 ohm. But it will be more like 1100-1200 wrms. I don't know what the rms on the subs are but that is what you are looking at.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 399
Those sub are 400rms each in total 1200rms. Isaac and other will it be a good purchase?

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 405
Those sub are 400rms each in total 1200rms. Isaac and other will it be a good purchase?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 801
the 1000/1 is one ohm stable. It puts out 1000+ watts between 1-4 ohms.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 408
Nick i think i can pick up that amp for 250 buck. what do you think? should i run those sub's with a Xtant amp.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 804
Either amp would suit u fine. That xtant for 250 is a good deal.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 409
Thank you for all your help nick.

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 74
Nick is wrong, the JL slash is 1.5 thru 4 ohm stable, IT IS NOT 1 OHM STABLE. Xtant is great.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 411
cool thanks for the info DUB C

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 107
yes a good amp

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7382
"Xtant is one of the best amp brands you can buy. On the very same level as JL."

Please stop the lying...Xtant are good, but not on the same level as JL....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8018
hmmm - really ^^^ ?

i thought people here like the other/better Isaac https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&prof ile=carguy-user
& others said Xtant were even better than JL ??? ......

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1016
OMG Chauncey don't call me a liar, Xtant is on the same level as JL, very much so. I am not trying to get into it with you, but that's kinda rude to just call me a liar, especially when I was telling the truth.

Even ask "the better" Isaac, lol thanks Rovin.... And if you remember Fishy, he was really smart too he said the same. Refer to this thread.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/166625.html

Read Isaac's posts, he even puts Xtant on the same level with Zapco.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7389
sorry for calling u a lie, i was sleepy

but that doesnt mean that the xtant amp is on the same level as jl......

Also thats a funny thread....Mikchec and Isaac got into it pretty good......Everybody has diffrent opinions thats why they make so many diffrent amps, subs, etc....

But if i had to pick a xtant amp or a jl amp...I would take the JL of course

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8029
Isaac W - LOL , sorry i came off that way ...

the other Isaac is prolly the only guy i know on this forum who has talked about Xtant amps alot by EXPERIENCE & not just from what 'he heard some1 say' , but i & many others here will agree we trust what he rec 2 ppl .

That was a really long thread & i actually read it all - imo alot of unnecessary egos got in the way cause every1 has his own opinion & should NOT diss another brand which is just as close or = .

Sad part about top of the line brands is not many ppl can afford them so most of us may not even get a chance 2 hear it in person but hey u dont need 2 testdrive/own a highest model bmw/benz 2 find out if its any good right , cause its rep is well know......

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1022
Yeah, my opinion is probably is a little partial just becuase I own an Xtant amp, and I have heard JL amps too. I don't diss brands only really sucky ones. LOL. But when it comes down to JL and Xtant to me they are the same quality wise, both are made in the US and are top of the line. But you can get Xtant amps for really cheap just becuase most people haven't heard of them and aren't aware of how good they are. That's just my opinion, but hey that's what forums are built from - opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 659
they're both good, buy the one you want
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us