3 times... and i still get humming

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 105
ive tried 3 different grounds and still get humming... i dont mind it from subwoofers its not THAT bad but im tryign to hook a second amp up and use it for 6x9s, and when i change the crossover to full the humming noise is just outrages. which then leaves me with nothing other to do then not use the amp.... if ive treid 3 differnt grounds, what next change my rcas? or can something else be wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 420
did you try a ground loop isoltor?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 106
well i did but it was a cheap radioshack one.... should i try another one???

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 426
no, thats it. Did it plug into the rcas or the HU line in 12volt feed?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 431
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^............Post # 420, LOL

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 636
m*a*r*i*j*u*a*n*a?????
smoking?????
4/20
im guessing thts wut u meant??

Username: Iravemp

Post Number: 10
i know if i dont have a good ground on my deck i would get massive noise through my subs.. and everywhere else. I would try getting better ground on your deck. Dont use the provided ground, make a new one to you chasis

Username: Fishentrails

Post Number: 2
if you run the rca cables and the power cables for the amps on the same side of the car this could cause some noise.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1091
Not true, dave. That's a myth.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 107
well first off there on oposite sides.... and its not that kind of noise anyways i kno what noise that is it happen to my computer speakers ... but the groundl oop isolator had liek 3 wires.... input for power wire, output for power wire and ground... it dint do shjt

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 108
shamus can you explain a lil more because im still fairly new with HU... waht do you mean by chasis... and if i take the hu out the ground wire would be that black one comign out the harness correct?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 802
Don't use the factory ground(the black wire coming out of the factory harness). Run the black(ground) wire from the cd player directly to the chassis(frame) of your car. Make sure its a good solid connection(sand down the frame if it is painted to expose metal). Also, sometimes you have to use a common ground. This means you must ground all your equipment to the same point, or withing very close proximity.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 803
bump

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 434
If you pull the HU, Put a ground wire on the metal of the HU as well. Some HU units have a bolt on the back for mounting. thats a good place to use, the ground loop thing I meant is one that is inline with the rca wires. Like I said, Check all of your grounds, Try running a piece of wire from the amp to the - battery terminal, dont unhook anything, just run an extra wire to see if that solves it. That way you can rule out the amp ground one way or the other. Try the temp ground to the HU unit then to test that. If it is still there then you may have a faulty HU or amp. BTW, what HU are you using and amp?
This was the type of ground loop thing I used just before the amps.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-SGLI-RCA-GROUND-LOOP-ISOLATOR-ENDS-AMP-NOISE_W0QQite mZ9727852782QQcategoryZ50552QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 109
its not the amp... it did it with 4 other differnt amps but i have audiobahn a800t2 and a pioneir hu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us