Quick Question about american pro 600 wat amp

Username: Ohhhnick

Post Number: 1
So unfortunatly i cheaped out and got this thing...

its an american pro 600 watt amp. It was working fine for 2 days, then all of a sudden no subs with no explanation why, and the red light on the amp was on.

So i took it got it exchanged, the guy never really told me wtf was wrong with it..

now half a day after the new one, same problem...can someone please help me figure out why its doing that, or if its being damaged, is it because of mis-wiring... or what?

very frustrating, its powering a single american teknique 12" sub.

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 307
how many ohms is your sub is it svc or dvc, how do you have it wired

Post Number: 2
The sub is this one..
http://www.millionbuy.com/pericbm5612.html

so its dvc.. im not sure how exactly its wired as i didnt do it. but i think the person who did do it, screwed something up, but wont tell me, and wants to charge me for replacing the amps...thats why i want to know, if there is a certain why i should wire it let me know and ill try it out.

ill try and get the exact model of the amp aswell, again the first time it worked for 2 days, and the second new amp worked for half a day... The sub is still fine, and all the fuse's are fine aswell. none are out.

thanks.

Post Number: 3
Please any information at all would be really helpfull, ways to test the amp, diffrent things i should try... and usual reasons for the red light on the amp to be on?

I also noticed that the ground is wired to the chasi but the pain isnt scraped off, could this be causing it.

thanks again...

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 614
HOW MUCH DID IT COST...TRY GETTING STORE CREDIT AND BY SUMTHING ELSE

Post Number: 4
i think it was around 50...i didnt buy it, the same person who installed it got it...its a big hassel dealing with him at the moment, thats why i would really like to know whats wrong with it, so i can yell at him and know what im talking about.

Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 1
Did you make sure the ground cable is secure and isnt loose??? Cause thats a huge reason why the light would change to red!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us