How to use ohm meter...?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 101
i just bought this ohm meter cuz i dont want to fry my amp... and im stupid wit ohms... but wat do i set it to to take the reading i want...? 2m, 200k, 20k, 2k, or 200? im guessing 20k?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 397
200. The lower the ohms the better. For instance if you touch the two leads together (no resistance) the meter should read close to zero. Try the battery negitive to the alternator case. You want a zero here as well. put it on the coils of a sub, (unwired) if its a 4 ohm coil the meter should read close to that. OK?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1249
why unwired? ^^. mine reads 4 ohm when it is wired still wired

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 401
Wired it may pick up eroneous readings. Just trying to be clear. After all he said he was "stupid wit ohms". this way is easier for him to understand. Its not like I told him to unwire his alt and battery. Why you starting Sh1t anyway? I dont need to defend my self. Btw I didnt see you offer any advice SPAMMER

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1259
what? wait. are u for real? or are u just playin??

how was i startin sh!t??? spammer?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 402
Sorry Bman3, just a little tence.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1266
no really. why were u tense?? how was i startin one thing, i seriously just wanna know... because i just said that i did mine unwired and it worked alright... thats all i said

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 639
jajaja, got owned!

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1027
just a note - if you're using a DMM for this, they normally measure in DC, and DC resistance is not the same as AC. For instance, a 1.5 ohm VC will often measure around 1.2-1.4 DC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us