Help 2001 Chevrolet Cavlier

Username: Raydensmommy04

Alvin, TX USA

Post Number: 1
Ok so I am having some major problems with my 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier. First off I have had two lights on for about a year now or more. One is the check engine soon light and the other is my brake light. This has caused me to not pass inspection. I took my car to a place to have the light checked out when it was just the check engine light and they keep telling me it has something to do with a code that represents my gas cap. I changed the gas cap out and it is still on. As for my brake light. It came on about a year ago when I had to slam on my brakes. Now about 2 years ago, I had a problem with my car passing inspection because they said my emergency brake was not shutting off. We fixed that. Just recently I took my car to a brake place to have them checked and they told me that my rotors were bad and that a spring had come off on the back brakes. I had the rotors replaced and the spring fixed. My uncle checked the pressure of my back brakes and said that I did not have any pressure. Since then I still seem to be having a problem. My abs light is not on. Today I was driving and kept hearing a noise like I had a flat tire but it soon went away. By the time I got near my job the sound was worse so I pulled into a place and I did indeed have a flat. I put my spare on and started to make my way around the corner to my job and it still felt like something was about to fall off on my car. My brakes felt like they weren't working properly and the noise started getting worse. I did make it to my job but I am very afraid to drive the car again. Does anybody have any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5563
Sounds like you need to see a real mechanic. Have your brakes checked out again and if it's at fault, sue the other people that worked on your car.
It's not a rocket science with engine light. All they have to do is plug in the reader and it'll say exactly what the problem is. You can also reset the light so that it be off.
Really, you need a professional mechanic, not crooks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us