New Bandpass box, Worth the Money??

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 24
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-euLqM3m7QoR/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=044QB1123& g=178750

Anyone had one? Are they worth it.

Looking to use it for a SWR-1242D Alpine Sub

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 684
NO! Dont get it man. Ive heard nuttin about bad sh!t about bandpass boxes, they only hit certain bass notes well and the others like sh!t and really sloppy and thats w/subs recomended for a certain bandpass enclosure, so i would not buy it for a Type R. Id go ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 72
its rare to find a sub that sounds good in a bandpass box

i had 4 different subs in the same bandpass box

the only one that sounded awesome was the mb quart rwe

that mb quart in the bandpass box sounded better then my infinities in their sealed box

it can be done.. but do you have a large amount of subs to put in the box to see what sounds good?

trial and error worked for me

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2257
prefab bandpass boxes are crap. the only way to get a band pass box that will be nice is to find soemone who really knows what they are doing and have them make you a custom box for the subs you decide to use. the boxes have to be sub specific to sound decient.

every sub has different parameters and will sound way different in a prefab bandpass box. you'll be lucky to get a pair that sounds half way decient but the odds are against you.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 703
Highly agree and meant to put wut Brandon said.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 74
mine was prefab :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 57
Only buy bandpass boxes when they are already loaded with a sub. Bandpass and sub combos are nice because the subs work along with the bandpass box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us