Battery leaked.....

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 70
So i had a wetcell battery in my truck and it started leaking acid all over my truck carpet.... any idea why it would do this? It was working fine for atleast 6 months.... could it of gotten overcharged somehow? I only have a 200amp Alt. i had to cut out the entire piece of carpet from the back of the truck it was all melted down from the acid, WTF HAPPENED????? any ideas? the battery probally 4 yrs. old.........GRRRRRRR

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1153
Battery is probably dead and if so it will kill the other one too. When a battery no longer hold a viable charge he alt will continually try to charge it resulting in a "cooking of the battery" type of thing where the acid will boil. 4 years is quite a life for a wet cell, usually max is around 5-6 if your REALLY lucky and aren't bumping a system. Next time put it in a battery box they sell at ALL Walmwart's right by the battery rack. Polo.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 76
How long do you think the acid had to of been on the carpet to eat it straight through, it turned the carpet into a syrup, literally. I only had a 1000watt Kenwood 2\ch on this battery at the time it happened or i thinnk it happened.... im not sure if it happened with the truck off when i was at work, or when i was driving, but what your saying sounds logical enough for me... any suggestions on where to get new carpet?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 113
probably started leaking, then continually leaked over time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us