Blown amp?

Username: Jesterrob

Post Number: 2
Ok I got a 500w sony Xplode amp and it was workign for about 2 1/2 hours and then it just quit. I got power to the amp but no power out. Did i blow it or what happened? A friend of mine told me to take the back off and look on the end of the round tubes and if theres like a "K" on the end then thoes are blown is that right? I checked all the fuses and they are fine. Can you please help me?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 629
it probably blew cause it's a waste of money sony piece of sh!t. you should see if you can get your money back since you only had it for 2 weeks and buy a better amp.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 108
Yeah Xplod are one of the worst I must say. Return that sucker for a refund.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 218
oh yeah get an audiobahn thattll fix all your problems... no just kidding def dont do that

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 110
Troy, maybe Jensen would be the one to go with:-)
Rob, just don't take this seriously

Username: Jesterrob

Post Number: 3
Ok Thanks a bunch guys, I got some big plans for my car and ill probbly be back with more problems for yall

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 228
hahah im sorry look at the answers he got thats not cool...

i dont know about the "K" but if you have all the wire hooked up correctly and your impedence is correct than your amp is probably blown. did you run it on thop of the box? that couldve rattled something loose

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 346
The tubes are capacitors, They should be flat on the top. When they "pop" the soetimes open up cracks resembling "k" There is normally a tri split on em from the factory. If theres more than 3 lines on the top, its blown.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us