Bronze Member
Username: Brettnickle

Post Number: 24
they make the best speakers and amps

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 105
NOT!! You have got to be kidding!. Sony is the WORST. Why are they called "X-Plodes"?, cause thats what they do. and the amps overheat too easily. I hope you are joking

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
the amps only overheat when dumbas*es dont know how to hook them up right and run them at 2 ohms cuz most of them are only 4 ohm stable.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 772
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
and you the one that has jensens

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 167
yeah well, basically, your pretty much stupid

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 305
Would Sony be better then Optimus?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yea sony is better than everything

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 575
you must be either joking or by far the dumbest person alive to say that^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
yeah i have jensens...F@G but i also have a MB QUART RAA-1000...with 2 MB pwe 354's as my first system....an a way betta car then u have....(had to vent my anger) anyway like the pics says CONGRATULATIONS on your THREAD.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
MB QUART IS WACK

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
i know....1000rms sucks....Yeah sure does...this guy is just tryn to b g@y...well think u have succeded

Bronze Member
Username: Mahoney

Norris CityUSA

Post Number: 19
Is Brett Nickle joking when he posted this....I can't even believe sony is still making money they should be out of business..Sony car shi* is only for people that don't know anything about car audio and people who get car audio to try to be kool..
Ps anything they sell at walmart is a joke the only good thing at walmart is some of the pioneer HUs (the more expensive ones)

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofanatic

Post Number: 54
i agree with mahoney. the pioneers are good buy sony. good god son get your head together and think about what you just said. i mean seriously everyone i have known to own sony stuff has either went out or fried.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1141
actually sony was going to get out of car audio this 2006 year but for some reasson has yet to do so. its because people were complaining about their amps overheating and not putting out the RMS. i think they still r though. Sony is prob. one of the worst car audio brands period. end of thread, end of story

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 94
theres other good car audio stuff you can get at walmart... like wiring kits! way cheaper than any local car audio store and is quite durable IMO...

Bronze Member
Username: Mahoney

Norris CityUSA

Post Number: 23
i guess you havnt heard of knukonceptz i got an amp kit from them for cheaper than walmart and they are way better than walmarts amp kits.....check them out

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 142
Brett is just posting to create "drama". This is high school stuff. Notice he hasn't said anything in almost 24 hours...?

Bronze Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 41
My sony hu works perfectly, no problems and 2 years runnin. I usually run pioneer, but when I went to get my hu the pioneers didnt have bass and treble adjustment that year, so I picked the sony and havent been dissapointed yet. Runs a little hot, but so do most off the hu I have experienced.

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 54
Here's my experience with sony xplod p5 subs--- They do get loud, sound quality is nowhere to be found at high volume and at medium vol they still sound horrid, and the lows, they cant do any lows, I mean, there are worse subs out there. I'll give'em a ** out of *****.

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 55
Here's my experience with sony xplod p5 subs--- They do get loud, sound quality is nowhere to be found at high volume and at medium vol they still sound horrid, and the lows, they cant do any lows, I mean, there are worse subs out there. I'll give'em a ** out of *****.

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 58
i agree with mahoney.. i bought my HU from wal mart but it was a pioneer and well over 180 dollars... and it still works great after 8 months

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 644
WTF... sony is bad in car audio, that's the truth. They might be good with receivers and TV's but here THEY JUST SUCK

Username: Buckiller

Post Number: 9
The only thing sony is good for is their HU...they have features out the wazzoo.

Username: Coopercity

Post Number: 2
You have got to be kidding me Sony SUCKS. I use only Phosgate amps and JL Audio Subs. Don't anyone say sh** I abuse my car audio and I currently have had my phosgate amp for 3 years now. Never a prob.

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 25
What about the CD player? Isn't that halfway decent?

I mean, how hard is it for a company that makes games and other electronics to make a CD player.

Subs and amps are different though. Who knows maybe the Virgin Corporation will create a branch for car audio.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1335
their HU are not good either. they rate them at 2 volts, where u want 4 volt in a cd player. and they are poorly made. their main market is the other electronic like you were talkin about. they dont have great features either.

why do you think their most expensive CD player is only 240 bucks. lol, a bottom line alpine is more expensive.

Username: Jirvin_82

Post Number: 5
Sony explode sux my @$$! To even consider them as one of the best autio companys is unheard of. i have a sony explode 12 in my car only because i had it laying around so i thought id put it to use. i also have a powerbass 15 in it that i got a hell of a deal on and still payed a pretty penny for. your an idiot Brett Nickle.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1341
this is his 4th time postin this thread, and somehow every time people will post in it. next time, just dont post it a thread like this, just let it fall down to the bottom

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 26
<lol,>

Could you clarify, I have seen some of their HUs and they seem awsome. But how much are you paying for the "name" rather than the product itself. (If you get my drift)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1343
i would say that ur not paying for the name because they are not known in the car audio world. they were actually going to get out of it this 2006 year but for some reason they thought they would give it another shot. so here they are stil in it making bad car audio products.

like i said their most expensive HU i beleive is 240 bucks which is a bottom line alpine HU, lol. their feature are not that great, and like i said, they rate them at 2 volts.

yes, you could see some HU and they "seem awsome" but the way they function and work is not awsome. alot of them overheat actually and just because some of them "look good" doesnt mean they perform well. the bottom line of cd players i would go with is as far down as kenwood. nothing below that. JVC sucks too

all in all. They are just not a quality product like u would see with a alpine or somthin else :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1344
some might say that its just a CD player. But if u have ever upgraded ur CD player from a sony to somthin better, your bass from ur subs will be crazy more loud. lol, same with speakers

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1345
i would take their HU over their amps and subs though.

Bronze Member

IA USA

Post Number: 28
Must have been a problem with the post.

What I meant was how much are you paying for a "name brand" like alpine. I mean Alpine is known for car audio just like sony is for gaming. Like you said "A bottom line alpine is more expensive."

Another example of "Paying for the Name" is like memory cards, a San Disc memory card is less than a Sony memory card of the same memory size. ($30 or more for sony than san disc)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1363
yea. its like that in car audio. thats why jl is considered so overpriced ad there are other subs that are better for the money. But i dont thinkk u are payin much for for an "alpine" name because they are not even the highest up. pioneer premeir is one of the best IMO and their quality is amazing.

there will always be price gaps because of one name being more known than the other, but u really have to look at quality. and sony isnt quality in car audio. it just isnt. just like how nintendo (as sony) and xbox. they both do the same purpose but one is alot more quality than the other graphis wise etc. they were both the same price when they first came out but do u see how fast nintendo goes down in price...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us