Woofersetc.com 'authorized' brax/helix

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 976
I was reading some posts in the archives, when I came across someone saying that woofersetc was only claiming to be an authorized dealer of the brands Helix, and Brax.

This isnt true. Woofersetc actually ARE very much authorized dealers of these brands. Just thought this should be cleared up.

I've personally verified this out of my own curiousity, as making false claims didnt seem to be woofersetc style.. Honestly, they're without a doubt, no questions asked, the single best company I've ever done business with. (JL Audio being a close second.. Hard to top a call from the vice president of a company the day after sending an email about a damaged product and a shady dealer, heh heh.)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2094
i noticed that yesterday, but haven't looked into it. i haven't used either brand though. thanks for the info though Seth. i hate when sited claim to be authorized when they aren't.

Bronze Member
Username: Mythy225719

Post Number: 55
thye claimed to be Zapco dealers... And zapco has a big warning on there site... Woofersect.com isa a very bad site...

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
They never claimed to be Zapco authorized dealers. And Zapco is using scare tactics since they sell them below MSRP.. And you dont really find these amps from other online retailers.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 678
As far as I know they are not an authorized dealer. I am sponsored by www.audissy.com and they deal with Helix, Brax and Sinfoni. I'm sure woofersetc.vom will sell the items and what not, but I highly doubt that are authorized. My sponser is based out of Calgary and are only allowed to sell to certain regions in Canada...no where else. The helix/brax/sinfoni dealers in the U.S are also confined to certain areas as territory restrictions apply. I do not see woofersetc.com beaing able to sell to whom ever they want and be an "official" dealer at the same time.

These distrobution companies (Audissy...), who have direct contact with head C.E.O's of these compaines and obide by very strict rules, I see them as being authorized dealers...as wooferetc is just selling to whom ever.

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 53
Guys, who cares authorized or not authorized, as long as we get get our hands on some good equipment at a great price it doesn't matter authorized or not authorized.
I had trouble finding Morel dealer, because there isn't one (for car audio) in Ohio so I contacted a great dealer in Cali and we broke some rules and I had some great sound. I didn't care if he was allowed to sell it to me or not. Anyway, the manufacturer still gets paid for their product so who cares if ti was sold to the final consumer at or below MSRP:-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2103
well, being authorized or not makes a big difference. getting stuff from an un authorized sourse is usually not a good idea. they will remove/burn off serial numbers from the case and PCB's and that can degrade the performance. also, you don't have a way of finding out where the stuff came from. you could be getting knock offs, stolen or refurb stuff and you think you are getting something new. and these places who sell unauthorized stuff usually have bad customer service and poor ir any warranties. so you order a great product, get something thats not really up to par, have problems with it, can't get it replaced...ect...ect...so then that will usually fall on the manufacturer rather then the un authorized seller. that gives manufacturer's a bad name and thats why they do not want unauthorized sellers getting their product. i'm sure there are plenty of other reasons too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
Just for the record - woofersetc definately dosnt have bad customer service, and they offer their own 1 year warranty on most of the things they sell.. Have had no problem returning products after several months if they for some reason stopped working.. No questions asked, replacement in less than a week. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 62
Seth is right,
I also ordered a set of RCE 216 from Woofersetc about 4-5 years ago, it was delivered fast and I even returned it no problem, it wouldn't fit and it was my fault, however, I ordered RSD 213 instead. It was Friday, I wanted to get it Next day air, it was about 4-5pm which was after their UPS collection, but they went ahead and sent one of their guys out to UPS with my stuff and I did get it next day morning, that's Cali to Ohio:-) Well I did have to pay extra for Next Day, but that is normal. Woofersetc are great:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 680
lol, cant complain with getting less than MSRP from woofersetc I guess

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 482
I can't speak for Woofersetc regarding this brand, but most of these so-called "authorized" internet stores are flat out lying. I don't know if they still do this, but Car Domain claimed to be an Orion authorized dealer. I contacted Orion/Directed and they said that was completely false. They said there were absolutely zero internet dealers authorized to sell their products. Kicker rep said the same thing about their products even though there are online store claiming to be authorized.

The lightAV website has an interesting page on this topic. He pretty much called all of the manufacturers regarding this. I don't think there was a single company that authorized internet sales.

Username: Jay_p

Nati, Ohio

Post Number: 2
Far as car domain goes they do claim to be authorized dealers of Orion which I don't know who would lie about that since orion has gone to sh$t since selling to directed. Any way woofersetc has great customer service and damn good shipping time. Like Seth said they offer their own warranty so what's the problem? If you want to pay double at your local store by all means go ahead. If the internet dealer offers a warranty and are honest what the difference? Just my 2 cent worh.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5987
Woofersetc is good regarding customer service, but that really doesn't mean they carry good business practices.

"They never claimed to be Zapco authorized dealers. And Zapco is using scare tactics since they sell them below MSRP.. And you dont really find these amps from other online retailers."

Zapco didn't like the fact that they were burning off the serial numbers contained within the amplifier and damaging componentry in the process. It is bad for a company's reputation and bad for legitimate retailers. A manufacturer could care less about it being sold at MSRP or not, they make the same amount of money regardless.

Really the same goes for a lot of brands that woofersetc carries-JL is an example.

Really it's pretty well summed up with actions. Nobody is going to buy based on principle anymore if they can save a quick buck or two.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 484
Jay,

It's all about honesty. Personally, I bought all of my equipment online so I could save a bundle, but that doesn't mean I agree with these online liars that claim to be authorized. Think of the uninformed buyer who comes across a site claiming to be an authorized dealer. He buys a Kicker amp thinking he's getting a full two-year warranty. His amp fails in 5 months, then he finds out that he only got a 3-month warranty because he didn't buy from a legit, authorized Kicker dealer. That's just wrong. I'm not worried because of the dirt-cheap price I got on eBay, but there are unsuspecting buyers that don't know any better. A liar is a liar, plain and simple.

Username: Jay_p

Nati, Ohio

Post Number: 3
James,

I do agree that ot's all about honest. I don't want to see anyone get taken either. So if they (whomever) are not authorized they should not claim to be. I am Not defending the liars here just defending a store that I think is honest with great product.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2395
Well, my take... I'm from the old school where car audio was waaay overpriced. And it still is. Especially if you consider how few people actually are into the hobby as compared to the golden '80s. The stores have to jack up prices just to make ends meet. And then they have to sell like rims, or cell phones or something else to help connect those ends. It's just recently being brought to light when you see x brand in the store for $500 and online for $200. Granted, I feel for the shops with their overhead costs (store, employees, etc), but capitalism works both ways. Just like the company/store is trying to maximize profit, the consumer is trying to find the balance between bargain and quality. If HifiBuys/Tweeter were ever affected by online sales (and I were I vindictive asswhole) I would smirk and say "good for you." As it is, however, I'm just glad that online sales opened up the doors to the younger audience who can't necessarily afford msrp
(I'm 30 and still can't :-) ).

But I think there should ALWAYS be ethics, even though capitalism IN NO WAY dictates this. That is, where customer service used to ensure hightened sales, stores/companies have figured out ways to actually decrease cust serv and still maximize profits. It was NEVER because of "good business practices." It was just the best way to cater towards and appreciate your customer, because that's who's going to be paying you. If the customer is unhappy, he will likely go elsewhere. Such is hardly the case nowadays, as society is steadily getting used to BS attitudes and bullying behavior. The whole "like it or leave it" mentality.

Regardless, be what you say you are or don't claim it. Similarly, sell what you say you do, not knockoffs. But I can't argue with the price of online services. Personally, I think this is where sales as a whole is going.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2396
Oh, and a US built Karl Cummings designed 1600-1800 watt class a/b Soundstream amp with an MSRP of $999 snagged for around $400 with a 2yr warranty from woofersetc is a no brainer for me :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 994
http://www.audioaffinityusa.com/internet.html

There is a link to brax/helix even specifying Woofersetc.com as an authorized dealer.. :-) So like I said before.. woofersetc isnt claiming to be anything they're not. :-P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us