Problem with sound

Username: Abercroplaya06

Post Number: 1
Hello,

The problem that im having is that whenever I play a CD, sound only comes from the speakers on the drivers side of the car. At first i thought it was a wiring problem, but whenever I turn on the radio to a radio station, sound comes out of all speakers again. Its driving me insane, any idea what could be causing this????

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 99
I'd say the HU is shot. What HU is it and how old is it? I had a Clarion DB4475 that was really old, and lasted a long time. Then one day it stopped putting out audio to the right side.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2986
Do you have any type of external amplifier (factory included) hooked up? Make sure the remote wire from the amp is hooked up to the blue wire w/white stripe on the headunit, not hooked up to the solid blue wire on the head unit.

The reason for this is because the head unit only sends power through the solid blue when the radio is turned on (for the power antenna), and the blue wire w/white stripe sends power constantly whenever the headunit is turned on.

Username: Abercroplaya06

Post Number: 2
Its a Pioneer. I only had it for about 7 months. It still puts out audio to both sides of the car without problem with the radio on, just not when a cd is playing (pressed or burned). I have an external amplifier and subwoofers hooked up, but i've had them in their every since i've had the head unit so I dont think that the remote wire is the problem. Is it a different output channel from the CD player and radio? Also, do you think it could be the laser needing to be cleaned?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2995
It sounds a great deal like the DAC (digital analog converter) went bad. If it still works fine with the am/fm, then the amplifier stages are working fine, and since you still get some audio with the CD, it can't be the lens or any of the optical assembly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us