What should they be set @?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 522
so i got my A8002T for my 10"cvr's the other day and i jsut want to know about the different seetings, im pretty sure i should have it set on the LPF (INSTEAD OF HPF OR FULL) the LPF IS 50-120hz (and the hpf is 50-750, but i dont think u use it for subs...rite) there is also a bass boost which i have heard is alrite to use from some ppl and not good to use from others...there is a sub sonic filter which can be on or off it is 20-50hz, so what should i have those settings too on my amp...part 2 of my question is that my h/u has a sub lpf setting which is either 80hz or 120 hz what shoud that be set @? and lastly im giong to get a dist block for my power but can i jsut run two seperate ground wires to different spots in my car(one for each amp, i also have a small alpine amp for my 6.25's)...thanx in advance

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1045
turn on your lpf turn lpf to 20hz - 60 to 80hz what ever sounds best.

Turn off all bass boosts including on your HU.

"can i jsut run two seperate ground wires to different spots in my car"

yes

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 523
thanx rave'n so ur saying i should set the LPF somewhere between 20hz and 80hz for the amp...and i shouldnt use the subsonic filter...but the only thing thats not clear to me is the LPF on the HU for the subs, it has to be set to something, either 80 or 120...which one...?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3700
Set your LPF to 18db-24db @ 60-80hz

Set your HPF to 12db @ 80-125hz

Try setting this on your HU first and then turn them off on the HU and set them on the AMP and see which one sounds better to you.

Those settings should give you a good flat response and rolloff from the mid to the sub.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 524
So ur saying that i should have the lpf and the hpf turned on for my sub amp...or are u talking about my other amp for my 6.25's when u talk about the hpf settings?

Bronze Member
Username: Snopro4ever

Post Number: 19
here is frequency 101...

subs HIT between 50-200hz... the low rumbling is 50 and lower.. so you want your subs to be recieveing 10-200hz or as close to that as you can. you dont want anythign higher, because that is not waht a sub is for..

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 525
ya so...im prett sure mo already answered that part of my question....but thanx...what i wanted to know what should the HU be set 80HZ or 120HZ...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3710
Just use either the HU or AMPs for your LPF and HPF.

Either or.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 526
k thanx mo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us