Noob amp/speaker combo question

Username: John_doe69

Post Number: 2
Hi folks, I just wanted to get your thoughts on the setup I have. Before flaming keep in mind that I bought the stuff 3-5 years ago on a tight budget. I can't change much around now. I mainly looked at the MAX ratings when purchasing parts and not the Nominal (rms) ratings.

I have a Pioneer DEH-2100 HU, Jensen LXA600 4-ch amp, a pair of
Pioneer 6x9s #TS-A6985 4-way (60w Nom/260w Max)
Pioneer 6.5" #TS-A1655 2-way (35w nom/140w Max)
RF Punch 6x9s 2-way (220w max I believe)
RF Punch 8" (x2) Subs (not sure of rating)
(I lost most of the manuals and boxes years ago so unsure of the ratings)
Anyway, I had them in my van a few years ago and liked the sound but didn't have them all in at the same time. The 6.5"s never connected to the amp. I had both sets of 6x9s to it though. Going to be putting them in a Taurus or similar car.

My question is, can I connect the "Pioneer 6x9s (#TS-A6985) to the rear channels and the Pioneer 6.5" (#TS-A1655) to the front channels without blowing them?

Should I just stick with the Pioneer 6x9s to the front and the RF 6x9s to the rear? I wouldn't mind also using the 8" subs as well but not really necessary. I know little-to-nothing about Bridging and am not comfortable about doing it if there is a possibility of frying things.

This isn't a system to show off, just one to play music pretty loud.

Post Number: 3
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1046
Jensen amps are poorly over rated those pioneers will be fine I am guessing your speakers are 4 ohm and the amp is most likely 2 ohm stable. So if that be the case they will only see less than 75rms .
If you can I would go with the 6X9's, But the 6.5's should be fine on that amp.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the help Rave'n, I kinda figured so but wasn't sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us