How does DB testing work?

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 446
How is DB testing done? What do they do? Is their a way i can find out if there is any car audio comps in my area? Thanx guyz.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 284
I THINK IF U ENTER THE COMP THEY WILL MEASURE IT..BUT U HAVE TO PAY AN ENTERANCE FEE...BUT WHO KNOWS U MIGHT WIN ALSO GO TO UR LOCAL AUDIO SHOP AND ASK IF THE HAVE A TERM LAB IVE THIER THE MOST ACCURATE

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 447
I would but i have no clue where my local audio shop is. You mean like audio express?? Is it possible to win with 2 12" cvr's? Thanx DRIVINGRECKLESS.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2940
www.soundoff.org
www.termpro.com

those are the USACi and dBDrag websites. go there and see if you have any local comps coming up.

is it possible for 2 12" CVR's to win...yes, it just depends on the other installs at the comp. I have taken 1st place an a small comp w/ 1 brahma 10" doing 138dB.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 448
Kool thanx marshall! You hit 138db with 1 10! Damn so it just really depends on the install. "Depends on the install" you mean how good you installed it? Is there a wrong way to install a system? So 2 12" cvr's could hit between 135-140db? Thanx marshall and anyone else!

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
WELL THE BOX MAKES A HUUUUUUUUUGEEEEE DIFFERENCE IF YOU GO PORTED AND TUNE IT PROPERLY U COULD HIT IN THT RANGE....THIER ARE MANY WAYS OF DOIN IT. ALSO WUT AMP DO U HAVE RUNNING INTO THOSE SUBS????

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 449
Kool thanx drivingreckless. I have 1 single slotted enclosure tuned to 32hz and 1 single slotted enclosure tuned to 35hz. Each have 2.20cuft of airspace and ports are 1.75 inches wide and 12.5 inches high. I wanna see which box i like better and ill build another just like it. Built them myself and did a good job. I have lanzar 268 ppl say ah change ur amp but opti and juliob pushed me to get it and i am soooo happy i got it. Puts out a little bit more than 900rms and its fu*kin huge. 2 different ones were benchtested. I just got a pioneer deck too so ill make a bigger difference than when i had my factory one. Thanx drivingreckless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
NO PROB. I HAVE NOT HAD NE EXPIERENCE WITH LANZAR SO I CANT TELLL U NETHING BOUT THM...BTW WUT IS THE RMS ON THOSE SUBS?????

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 452
400rms each. PPl say they can handle way more though. Peep it out: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-12-Subwoofer-CVR12-/sem/rpsm/oid/121851/ca tOid/-13641/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
YES I WOULD TRY BUYING A 1200 WATT AMP IF UR NOT SATISFIED LIKE THE ORION 1200D OR THE PG 1200.1 OR THE JBL GTO1201.1 OR THE KICKER 1200.1 OR THE 1250.1 ONLY IF UR NOT SATISFIED. WHICH IT SEEMS U LUV THM SO IDK ITS UP TO U AND UR WALLET:-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us