Continous amp problem!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 16
i have an audiobahn A6004V thats pushing 2 12" rockfordfosgate P212S4. the amp shuts off after about 20 minutes of continous play depending on how loud i put it. y does it do this and how can i fix the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 458
is your amp hot when it shuts off?

what load do you have it at, and the specs for your amp/subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
each sub:
4-Ohm
200 RMS
400 Peak
amp:
4 channel
i have it bridged 300w for each sub @ 4 ohms.

yes the amp is hot when it suts off.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 460
your subs svc or dvc? if there svc that could be your problem.

and where/how is the amp mounted, is it getting enough air to it to keep it cooled?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
the subs are svc. the amp is mounted between the box and the back seat. i drive with the back seat down but i dont think thats enough air to cool the amp.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 461
if there svc thats your problem (i think). can't run 2 svc 4ohm subs at 4ohm load.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4

probably why your amps running hot and shutting off, going into protection.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 247
He can run the amp that way...it's a 4 channel amp bridged into 2 channels (assuming of course each sub has it's own channel)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5544
Check your gain/level setting. If the amp gets hot and shuts down, then most of the time, it's caused by that control set incorrectly.
Also, it could be that your sub(s) are not really 4ohms. Some are 3.5ohms. That will also cause the amp to overheat. You can never assume based on a sticker on a sub, especially from the cheaper brands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us