Eclipse amp question

Username: Mikeintexas

Post Number: 3
First of all,does any one on here have an Eclipse 36401 4ch amp?I have one and the instructions arent worth a crap.
I have an Alpine 9807 HU and am going to be hooking up this Eclipse amp.My question is....i am planning on using the internal amp to run the rear speakers and using the front speaker pre-out to run the amp,which in turn will run the front speakers.....but,there are 2 rca inputs on the amp...left and right.A guy on another board told me what i needed to do is buy 2 rca splitters to come out of the back of the HU on the ft speaker outs.Then run 2 rca cables to the amp off of the splitters and make one cable the left channel and the other cable the right.Is this the best way to do this or is there other options?
And also,the amp is a 4/3/2ch amp,but is supposed to be bridgeable to run 120x2,which is what i want.Im not sure on how to bridge this,so ill tell you what i was told and see if i have it right......take the "+" from the left front speaker and the "-" from the right front speaker and thats one speaker channel.Then do the same with the rears and thats my other speaker channel.
Does any of this make any sense?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 205
Get a pair of rcas, go from HU L out R out run to L in and R in on amp. Use exsisting rear speaker wires to rear speakers. Bridgeing is correct + from channel 1, - from channel 2, + from channel 3, - from channel 4, theres your 2 amped channels for front speakers.

Upload

Post Number: 4
but the amp has 2 rca inputs

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 208
Upload

Post Number: 5
and im guessing that even doing it that way,if the channel switch is on "2",it should be running all of its power into just 2 channels right?
maybe it would be easier to just buy another freakin amp

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 218
yes, try it, it should work you'll get left and right sub channels off amp and front speakers off HU

Post Number: 6
but there are no subs.I am wanting to run my ft speakers off the amp and rear speakers off the HU

Post Number: 7
so,im guessing that will work fine by using the splitters at the amp?It wont effect the signal at all will it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us