Midbass driver question

Silver Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 116
sorry to post this in AMP section, speaker section is not working.

I'm really confused about MidBass driver, What is the best midbass driver should we use.. ex 6W0 sub or just any 6.5 driver ??

Silver Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 120
any help on this

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2059
a 6W0 would be crazy midbass. just get a decient midbass driver with decient excursion. make sure your door is sound deadened and the speaker is mounted well. on a MDF ring helps too.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 121
Thanks Brandon, how about I use 2 mdf enclosure and mount 2 6.5 (from MB quart 216 midbass driver) and set the frequency from 50Hz to 500Hz ??

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 42
MBQ is not that great anymore. I have had RSD's and QSD's, haven't had PSD's. RSD was a great value for the money, but QSD was a total waste of money.

Sorry guys I love Morel. Morel Hybrid Ovation 6 inch will play 35-40hz and up. MBQ simply can not do it. MBQ is more like mid-crap anymore, not mid-bass

Silver Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 122
Maris... MBQ is a good quality component (especially QSD). Good or Bad sound produce just depend on each of everyone own listening references.
You should missunderstood something here, the Midbass doesn't need to set at "35-40Hz". It should be set around 60Hz or 70Hz to 521Hz. Which most of MBQ woofer driver can easily handle.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2087
the QSD is the line thats been out for quite a while. the QSC is the new version, which is suppose to be just as good but cheaper...

the QSD is a nice set, but sound is subjective.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us