Problem with Pioneer Head Unit

Username: Imkush

Post Number: 1
I have a DEH-P8600 in my Jeep. Was working fine until I tried opening the faceplate the other day. Makes the beep when I push the button but won't open. Same thing when I turn the truck off. Makes the 4 beeps prior to the face plate opening so it can be removed. But now it doesn't open. Tried resetting the unit several times but no luck. Everything else works fine but I can only play the CD that's stuck in the unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3141
i have THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.:-)

mine as well as my friends had the same problem...
after you hit the button...and it beeps....tap on the screen...where the color display is....not too soft but not so hard that you crack it....then it should open after a few times of tapping it and hitting the button.

the ribbon cable or w/e you call it sometimes gets loose on the back of the HU and you simply have to tap the screen...kinda hard.. and it should open...:-):-):-)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3142
i was freaking out when this happened to me and my friend was like..."watch this" and he tapped on it cuz me and the installer couldn't figure it out....and it opened...and he was like "don't ask." lol

Post Number: 2
MuddyWaters....Worked like a charm!!! Thanks. I was freaking out too!!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3148
your welcome
:-):-):-)

Bronze Member
Username: Odin367

Post Number: 61
you are a genius muddy...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3205
i wouldn't say that.:-O
but i definitely have had this exact problem, so it was cool to be able to tell him exactly what to do about it. lol
thanks odin.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 206
Clean the contacts with an eraser. Mine does this about every 5~7 months. just dirt on the contacts.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Benny Boy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us