I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOIN' ON

Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 4
aight i think my amp might be cliping? im not sure but my gain and bass bost is all the way up on my amp when i turn my music up over 75% it seems like the bass stays the same or it maybe gets a lil quiter and just my highs get louder i got 4 guge power wire and 60 amp fuse. 1.0 cap. my wire is 17' to the cap. and 2 feet i think from the cap. to the amp :-\ please help what should i do? PLEASE HELP :-(

I got a profile ap2000 and a kicker L7 12"

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 362
might be clipping? why would you have the gain and bass boost all the way up?

turn the gains down and start turning up the volume until you start hearing distortion then turn it back down a bit. then adjust your gains from there. and never crank the gains and/or bass boost all the way up. and how are the rest of the settings on your amp?

Post Number: 5
the reson my gain and bass bost is all the way up is b/c i set it for my music i put it at 75% and wit the gain and bass bust all the way up it matched my highs :-\ my Hz is on i think 25 hz i got my kicker in a sealed box 58.33333 thats how meny feet mitch is WAY to big :-\ im thinkin about puttin it in a vented box 2.5 cubic f. tuned to 35 hz i think

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 363
sealed box is 58.33333? what exactly is that?

i would definately put it in a new box if i was you then properly adjust your amp before you ruin something, if you haven't already. but you do know putting it in a ported box you'll lose sq, which the solobarics don't have any in the first place.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
5.8 i think :-\

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 365
yeah, way to big. cut it by half for sealed for that sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
any one else want to help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us