Installing a HU: ............Is it hard?

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 314
Is it hard? Where can i buy a kit that i can fit a smaller HU in my dash with the big hole the size of my last factory HU? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1957
i say its harder to get a stock one out then it is to put a new one in. get an install kit, install the kit and mounting sleeve. they just clip in place usually. cut and splice some wires and thats about it. any place that sells HU's will have install kits.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 320
Around how much? Where could i find one on the net for a pioneer? Thanx.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1971
how much for what?? a HU or an install kit??

for a HU, it depends on the model and where you get it from. i've ordered 2 Pioneer units from ebay seller FSD-DIS with no problems.

install kits are like $20 from any place that sells HU's

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 332
How much for an install kit? How do i know wut kit to buy? Im way new to this HU section so i dont know sh!t and i need ur support help me dawg!!! JK Im probably gonna buy a Pioneer DEH 1700 or 1800 for now till i get more $. Thanx......

Wuts the big difference between the 1700 and the 1800?

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 292
www.crutchfield.com

If you buy your HU from them, they give you a free install kit that will fit your car.

Username: Luisdelbronx

Post Number: 3
Tj i think you should save more and get the 3800mp, it plays mp3's wma's and has the sub crossover.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 344
I need a cheaper 1 for now till get a job then ill start puttin premier decks and better bla bla bla. Thanx guyz......

" Wuts the big difference between the 1700 and the 1800?"

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 346
Mark highland does crutchfield give free install hits for all their HU's??? Thanx......

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1980
for $145 on ebay, you can get a DEH-P480MP. not a flashy unit, but its got all the main features you'll need.

for the install kit, its dependant uppon the car. the cut out for the radio is the same for all brands. a single din unit is a single din unit.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 348
"kits" (correction)

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 349
Brandon what comes in a install kit?? Wirez?? Thanx...... I dont order off ebay but thanx n e wayz....

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 63
If you're not willing to go the ebay route (even though I definately reccomend it as long as you're buying new equipment) then check out Cardomain.com or Amazon.com since Crutchfield tends to be pricey (they are a great place for research though).

I run the Pioneer 5800 and would definately reccomend that or the 4800. Cardomain has the 4800 for $160 and you get a free kit and harness. Here's a link to it:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIODEHP4800MP?vq_id=none

If you're looking to do any expansion on your system in the future, you'll be happy you have the three sets of preouts, here's a comaprisson chart between the 1800, 3800, 4800 and 5800:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=300&c=3&s=0&cc=0 1&pt2=0&compareitems=130DEH1800&compareitems=130DEHP380&compareitems=130DEHP480& compareitems=130DEHP580&x=29&y=3

If you give us the make, model, and year of your car we can give you the exact dash kit and wiring harness you'll need but it's pretty easy to find on your own if you enter your info at Crutchfield or Cardomain.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 366
03 ford focus.....Thanx, but right now i have to settle with something a little under or about $100. Any recomendations?? I bought the kit for wires already and the kit so the deck can fit right but bought the wrong 1 so have to buy another.

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 64
Ok, well as far as reccomendations in that price range, your selection is going to be pretty slim and you really are going to get what you pay for, so don't expect anything spectacular. I'd say the Pioneer 1800 would probably be your best bet, but I'll say again that if you're interested in doing any upgrades in the future like adding subs, you're going to end up having to replace it with something a bit more expensive. I'm not going to preach to you about it, it's your call but with an extra 50 or 60 bucks you could get a deck that'll last you much longer and have a bunch more features, like I said though, that's your decision and I understand that you're anxious to get something new in there.

Ok, in terms of your focus, you should be able to find the answer to just about any question you have about audio install in a Focus at this site:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=4cc827610b673e87b592d7d6b48c 0cbc&threadid=16630

That link takes you right to their audio FAQ but search around in the other sections as well, that's a great resource for Focus related issues or questions.

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 65
I also forgot to mention that if you go into any Bestbuy, Circuit City, Tweeter, or any other place that does car audio install and say "I'm putting a deck in an '03 Focus" they'll show you/sell you everything you need.

And I don't think anyone has mentioned an antenna adapter yet. I'm not positive you'll need one, but you probably do.

Post Number: 4
Hey TJ, if you can get an extra 20 bucks you can get the 3800 from here http://www.6ave.com/product.jsp?x=DEHP3800MP

I got my 5800mp from here and i was impressed with the 6cent shipping because it came 2 days after i ordered.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 368
Thanx alot every1!!

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 369
Luis they dont have any more 3800's i guess. Howz that 5800? Is it good with subs??

Post Number: 5
yes its great with the subs. it has direct sub controls. i love the fact that i can turn the bass up and the inner speakers wont distort like my old unit (deh-2800). it made the sound system sound a whole lot better as a whole too. and the fact that it comes with a remote is just icing on the cake. i highly recommend it.

Post Number: 6
Hey i just checked my link and didnt work, try just going to 6ave.com and go to car audio and mp3 players and scroll through them the 3800 should be there.

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 67
I'll vouch for the 5800 as well. I run a single 12" Alpine Type S (with a Pioneer GM-7100 amp), Alpine 6x9s and Polk 5.25 components with it and I think it sounds great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us