Amp going to Protect????

Username: Ty2856

Post Number: 5
I have a Two Channel Lightning Audio Amplifier. Its wattage rating is 450. I have had a Kicker hooked up to it that runs only 150 RMS. I just recently hooked up a second subwoofer to the amp. The 2nd subwoofer total wattage is 700 watts. When I turn the music up real loud the amp goes into protect mode.

I just need to know if that wattage of the subwoofer is to much. Also what size watt sub would I need to by to successfully run two subs on the Lightning Audio amp. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6784
what are the vc configs on the subs, and the specs on the amp

Post Number: 6
Lightning Audio Amp:
Max Power: 450 watts
Power Rating: 50wx2 @ 4 Ohms, 75w x 2 @ 2oHMS
150w x 1 @ 4 Ohms

The one sub is a Kicker Comp 05C124 12" 4 Ohms. 300 watts peak, and 150 RMS.

The second sub is a BOSS Blade 12" subwoofer.
700 watts peak, and 350 watts RMS impedence is dual 4 OHMS and its a Dual Voice Coil Sub.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1959
is that amp bridged, if so the ohm situation is wrong, and you should use the same voice coil config for subs.

Post Number: 7
What if I bought another Kicker Sub. To match. Would that have anything to do with it. Should they be the same subs?

Post Number: 8
The subs that I have in there now are bridged together on the same channel. When I seperate them, I do not get the same response as they would be when they are bridged. Is their a reason for that?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1960
yes, that amp is not meant to be bridged below 4ohms.... it is going to clip and eventually burn out....

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 550
that's way to much power for that amp

Post Number: 9
Would a bigger amp be better? Or should I just buy smaller subs? Thanks for all your help.... I am kinda new at this so I can use all the help I can get

Thanks Again.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us