5 farad power cap

Username: H_l

Post Number: 1
hi wondering if u can help on this, i have 3 amps, 2 amps run a sub each, and a 4 channel amp for speakers, is it possible to run all 3 amps of a 5 farad power cap? 2000 watts rms in total.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1878
yes.

Post Number: 2
cheers,is it ok to have a distribution block with 3 8 gauges wires going to the cap then another 3 going to the amps? seems abit much. what about the ground?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 834
I'd just use it for the 2 sub amps - it will be of little-to-no help for the full range amp.

Post Number: 3
thats wat i went n did, this morning
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 61
just curious what brand eqiptment is it?

Post Number: 4
wel the 3 amps are audiobahn and the power cap is a impulse

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinpunch

Post Number: 23
why not upgrade batteries? A cap is just a band aid for a MUCH bigger problem.. Also, you could get in on the group buy from Ex. Amperage. An upgraded alternator will help much.

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 64
you will get a great discount from Nate @ excessive amperage in the group buy...just something to think about since you are runnin 3 amps and a cap...it would prolly help you out

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 647
h/o alt wil really help...wish i could get one....i have a ra-1000 amp running at 500rms no dimming....when i get it at 1000rms and jl 300/4 amp or a raa-2400 but with around 80 amps of continous draw...i will need one eventuallly

Username: Vimto

Post Number: 1
hi i have a 800watt amp and i am running 2 12" 300w enclosure subs on that and im also running a 100watt amp to run the 6x9s which are 300w and i want to know if i would need a power cap to bak up the power because in total there are 10 speakers in the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us